Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Jacaranda attack

Lordy, our yard is purple. The jacaranda tree is dropping flowers like crazy. Yesterday when we were having lunch we were picking them out of our food. Jim had the yard totally raked and swept yesterday and today it's pretty much solid purple out there. Kinda pretty but kinda weird. It's like we've got tribbles or something. Major infestation.

I walked the Rube this evening. I wasn't too perky. I think I was a bit dehydrated.

I'm making progress on the ukulele case. I've taken only one picture because the batteries ran out on the camera. I bought some more today so I'll catch up.

I also bought some stuff for my fish tank diorama. We're going for a tiki motif. And I got some more fishies. Gonna try neon tetras and see if they don't get eaten right away. At first the other fish were chasing them around but after a while they all settled down. They had some really gorgeous angel fish at the fish store. If the neons don't survive I'll get some.

I'm going to try skipping dinner tonight. Let's see if I make it.

10 comments:

vivage said...

I love Jacarandas. I love the dusty purple melting all over lawns and streets. It's so darned springy/summery to me. I'm a sucker for huge expanses of flowers.

Tiki motifs always remind me of the tiki tiki room at Disneyland. I used to love that show.

Donita Curioso said...

Well, yeah, those trees are beautiful but their flowers turn into jacaranda mush that sticks to everyone's feet and get's dragged into the house and ground into the carpet.

There is a price to be paid for posessing such beauty.

I found 2 goofy looking tikis at the dollar store. I also got some silk flowers and big tropical looking leaves.

I just got an idea! I'm going to make a foam core volcano and affix it to the back ground of the diorama. I'm going to use red glitter for the lava.

Oh, this thing's going to be silly.

vivage said...

Oh yeah, mood lighting! A tiki torch with yellow, orange and red plastic streamers. Stick it in the gravel near the filter bubbles and let it look like it's flaming high!

vivage said...

Oh and I forgot, we always have lighter purple mushy stuff when the wisteria blooms.

I still love it.

Donita Curioso said...

I like the idea of a bubble driven tiki torch. It may take too much engineering.

I think it would be fun to do different dioramas for the different seasons. The fishies need a Christmas tree, don'tcha think? Halloween would be a cool one. I already have most of the supplies for that.

Some of you may be starting to worry about me right now.

vivage said...

4th of July is coming! Rockets red glare!

I seem to be on a fire kick.

I'm not worried about you, you seem perfectly sane to me.

Anonymous said...

Since when did "too much engineering" become an issue at your house?

And BTW...I never worry about you...I'd be surprised if your fish tank didn't have bubble-breathing dinosaurs or something...

Donita Curioso said...

Rachel Rose? Do I know you?

Anonymous said...

Drat. Too obscure. Maybe I should have used Sunset Sister or Hearn Ave....

Donita Curioso said...

A HA!!!!

Well, hell's bells, woman! Welcome to Planet Curioso. You need to move up and comment on more current posts.

Refresh me, was Rachel Rose your Faire name? It's been too long and those brain cells are long dead.