Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Re-entry

I'm home. There's way too much to write about so I'll be doling out bits and pieces according to my emotional readiness. What a week. Dad was ok about half of the time. The rest of the time he was a colossal jerk. I will not do this again. Next time, someone else takes him to Texas.

I have 47 messages in my inbox. I'm sitting here a little stunned and feeling that weird buzz that you get when you first come home from a trip. Jim and I just spent a couple hours getting each other caught up on this week's events.

So, I'll write more later after I've had a hot bath and a toddy. My visit with Molly, Joe and Mary Ann was really good. It was wonderful seeing Ruth but she's so out of it these days it's hard to have a quality visit. Plus with Molly she acts like Dad. She even snapped at me once.

Going to Austin to see Dean was a welcome relief. After being with the Texas relatives all day Saturday, going to see her was fun, relaxing, calming and centering. The Texas relatives... lordy, I come from crazy.

Ok, I'm going to read my 47 messages.

3 comments:

Jim said...

I'm glad you're back, sweetie. Welcome home.

Donita Curioso said...

Thank you. Me too.

You make me feel normal. Really, that means a lot!

vivage said...

I was going to say that normal is relative but that might be a poor choice of words.

Glad to have you back in Cal safe and sound!