Friday, May 06, 2005

The elbow visit and other stuff.

Took Dad to the Va this morning to see a rheumatologist for his lumpy elbow. The lump has gone down and isn't causing him any discomfort so they decided to leave it alone. His blood pressure is good and he's lost four pounds. He was very impressed with the doctors we saw. They were a couple of young, pretty Asian women who lavished attention upon him. Yes, he enjoyed that visit.

Yesterday I went by Olivia's to see how the paper was selling. She has moved the rack to the farthest corner of the waiting room and stacked highchairs in front of it. You can't get to it unless you move the highchairs, which no customer is likely to do. I counted all the sheets and after a week not a single one has sold. I wasn't expecting miracle sales but I figured at least a few sheets would have made it out the door. Olivia is doing me a favor by having the paper in her restaurant but she will be making a profit if she sells it. I mean, come on. I left there a bit miffed.

I made it up Rubidoux 4 times this week. I might walk to Ken's for band practice later. It's 2 1/2 miles to his house. Yesterday when Sherri and I went we saw two firemen in full first responder gear jogging down the hill. That was kind of odd. We figure they were training. One Monday evening up there Jeff and I saw a guy jogging with a scarlet macaw on a perch that was at the top of a long pole. Get up Mt. Rubidoux often enough you'll see some stuff.

Jim got our website up and running yesterday. Now anyone can go there and buy paper. We're also registered on Google and Yahoo. The world can find us!

No comments: