Monday, May 30, 2005

Lunch

The sibling meeting went well last night. I was a bit paranoid that Dad would decide to pop over to Stacey's unannounced and discover our "family conspiracy". But he didn't.

No monumental decisions were made. It was more of an imformation exchange and Donita bitch-fest. I gave my Texas report and David talked about financial stuff. We decided we'll let Dad have one more tree season and then that's it. We also talked a little bit about what we'll want to do when Dad gets to where he can no longer care for himself. No decisions there either but it was good that we talked about it. This whole Alzheimer's thing is about crossing bridges when we come to them.

Today everyone is coming here for lunch. Nothing fancy, just sandwiches. I've got a big tri-tip in the fridge. Maybe I'll slice it up thin and grill it. I don't know if we'll eat here or at Dad's. We've got shade in our yard. Also, the kids will want to be here to play video games.

Whatever we do I still have to finish cleaning the house.

7 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Lunch was lovely, the tri-tip was its usual savory scrumptiousness. We had one minor emergency when B fell down in the Chrstmas trees and skinned his knee. Good thing Dr. David was here. B might have lost that leg.

After lunch we had a little family meeting with Dad. Things may be a little more hopeful on the land lease/sale front. There's going to be a city planning meeting on June 9th. They're going to re-zone this property to "manufacturing park", whatever the hell that is. We're going to go to the meeting and find out what it's al about. We need to be there with Dad to keep him from getting too hostile with the city planners. Dad isn't good with local government types.

It was a good family meeting. No fights.

I'm going for a walk.

vivage said...

Hmmmm, maybe your dad needs a little kitty to keep him calm? I know just where to get one or two.

Bwhahahaha.

Donita Curioso said...

Oh no, no, no. Very, very bad idea. It's bad enough that he has two dogs.

Bwhahaha is right.

vivage said...

Drat. And I was even going to add in some litter, some kibble and some enzyme eating urine spray.

You sure? I'll toss in some brownies too.

vivage said...

Drat. And I was even going to add in some litter, some kibble and some enzyme eating urine spray.

You sure? I'll toss in some brownies too.

vivage said...

Look at that, both my evil twin and myself were posting at the very same exact time.

Donita Curioso said...

Oh you silly girls.

Enzyme Eating Urine Spray would be an excellent name for a band.