Monday, May 09, 2005

Termites

Yup, we gots 'em.

Had the Terminix guy out today. Looks like we're in for a tent job. Dad wants a second opinion. What he really wants is some guy to come out and drill some holes in the infested areas, inject insecticide and charge Dad fifty bucks. Tenting the house will cost $1700.

This farm is a huge, HUGE money drain. Dad would be better off shutting it down and letting the trees die. Even when confronted with cold, hard numbers he can't see it. He's got it totally backwards. Struggle like hell to keep the farm going but the houses, hey let 'em rot.

I'm sure it will get done eventually. We just have to go through some stupid gyrations first. Jeez, this "Mr. Big" attitude of his...

We did the Rubidoux thing tonight. Jim went up one way, Jeff and I the other. We ran into Phil near the top. He was going the other way, the usual way. He seemed a little baffled that we were going a different way, like that just isn't done. He even said, "You're going the wrong way." We chatted for a while and then Phil, looking a little dejected, continued on his way. I was relieved. Phil is ok but I'd much rather talk to Jeff on his own. We met back up with Jim and Boz and walked together the rest of the way down.

Tomorrow I have to get it all together and pack for Texas. I'm sort of dreading it. I've got to remember that these things usually turn out much better than I think they will. I'll enjoy seeing Ruth. It may be the last time I'll see my godmother. I'm going to spend some time with Dean and see her new house. It will be fun seeing the younger cousins. I guess I can put up with the Butchers for a week.

Ok, so don't nobody tell Molly and Joe about my blog.

4 comments:

vivage said...

Mums the word. You can count on me.

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

I guess we shouldn't tell Phill either.

Donita Curioso said...

No, don't tell 2-el Phill. He's a bit of a schlump but also a nice guy and I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings.

Molly and Joe on the other hand...

For me, the only relative worth going to Texas for is Ruth. After she's gone I'll go to Texas to visit Dean but I probably won't tell any of the relatives I'm there. Or, I'll visit them if there are other Lang sibs along.

vivage said...

Once I knew a guy named Phillipp and he was very specific that his name had 2 el's and 2 pees.

Curiously odd