Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I can get it for you wholesale.

Today Jim and I drove to the L.A. Mart to see about selling some paper or getting a national distributor. Really all we did was say hi to about 10 people and leave a bunch of samples and business cards. This place is HUGE. Floor after floor of wholesale home accessories, gifts and furniture. Everything was displayed beautifully. The Christopher Radko store about knocked me over and all I did was look in the window. Next time we're going to the Cal Mart which is basically the same thing. We're learning as we go.

Afterward we went to BJ's for lunch and talked about all the ways Dad drives us crazy. This morning he called and said he had talked to Ruth and she said Dad's highschool was going to have their reunion the week after we're going to be there. He wanted to change the plane tickets! I told him no, it would cost hundreds of dollars and screw up everybody's plans. He still tried to pressure me into it. He thinks Jim can just go online and change the tickets. After a while he called me back to say he'd given up on the idea. Mary Ann has scheduled her trip around Dad's visit so he wasn't going to mess with that.

When we got back I dropped Jim off at home and then went to Moreno Valley to drop some of Dad's tax papers off at Harold's. When I got back Jim said Dad had come over. Jim told him what we had done today and Dad started telling him how to deal with customers and how to make a sale. He told Jim you have to steer them towards buying your product. You have to control the conversation. CRIPES! I cannot imagine doing that with the people we spoke to today! We had very nice conversations with every one we met but he thinks we should have marched in there and slimed and manipulated and pressured them with a hard sell. YUUUUCHK! We would never, ever do anything like that. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

I once said I'd like to go to Laguna and try to sell paper to some of the stores there. He said, "Great! You take one side of the street and I'll take the other." NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine having him represent me. For ANYTHING!

So... I went to Mt. Rubidoux this evening. The walk felt good. I don't know, I feel a little weird lately. I've got this odd, buzzy pressure in my head and my arms. I felt this way last night, too. Today Jim said my breath smelled strange, like my chemistry was out of whack. I'm going to keep an eye on this. If I don't feel better by tomorrow I'm going to the doctor. Or maybe the next day. Tomorrow I'm taking Dad to the VA.

No comments: