Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Feeling much better

Ok, I'm glad that episode is over. I'm back to getting daily exercise and I'm doing better with the diet. Today I feel thinner. Last night I didn't eat dinner (had a late lunch). Didn't eat much for dinner tonight. I'm trying to keep the calorie count on the low side.

Had a good walk with Jim and Jeff this evening. Afterward I showed Jeff the fabric for his ukulele case. The three of us stood by our car and brainstormed on additional features for the case. I think the only thing we didn't think of to add to it was a hot tub.

Dad came by this afternoon and sat on the porch with me for a while. It was a pleasant chat.

It looks like there's a pretty good chance that Dad's financial problems will be solved soon. A realtor Scotty talked to might have a buyer for the side field. It was one of those cold calls that we've been telling Dad to steer clear of, but this one could pan out.

Woosh! There's another one. Not to gross out the male readers here but... Lately I've been having little episodes during the day where I feel a little warm. They're not like the dreaded hot flashes I've heard tell of, I will just suddenly feel uncomfortably warm for about 30 seconds. If these are hot flashes (and they probably are) they're tolerable. I hope they don't evolve into the raging infernos I keep hearing about. That would suck.

4 comments:

vivage said...

Yay for the daily exercise! Yay for good chats with your dad. Yay for possible financial help. booooo for hot flashing.

I don't think I'm ready to go down that road yet.

Donita Curioso said...

Yeah, I've been wondering when (if?) they were going to start happening. Not everyboday gets them. I was told that being heavy helps keep you from getting hot flashes because fat women have estrogen reserves. So hey, I'm glad it's good for something.

But right now I'm working hard on getting rid of the poundage. Oh well, it's an acceptable trade-off.

I started perimenopause at age 44. Now I'm 48 and it looks like I'm heading into the final stage of this glorious process we call womanhood.

Oh joy.

vivage said...

I went thru a horrible period of nasty night sweats...not sure if it was the connective tissue disease or if it was the beginning of perimenopause. Docs say maybe one, maybe the other, maybe both.

The night sweats have abated (for the most part anyway) and my system seems to be working pretty normally now. Must still have estrogen I guess.

Am hoping I'm one of the lucky ones who breezes right thru it without all the icky parts of moving into hagdom.

Donita Curioso said...

Dean- Well, ok, I'm not gender neutral yet. I still have boobs and stuff. And I'm not dead.

Virginia- Heh, heh. Hagdom. There are days where I feel like the queen of Hagdom. My mom had a tough time with menopause so I can't expect to get too lucky with it.