Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Today's VA visit

Dad saw Dr. Griffin today. She's the geriatric doc and now she's Dad's new primary care doc at the VA. No more nasty Dr. Isaac. It was a pretty short visit since Dad has no complaints. She put him on a different Alzheimer's medication but this one can also cause stomach pain so he'll just have to try it and see. She also upped his diabetes meds. Overall she seemed pleased with his progress.

I'm glad he's feeling better but this cocky attitude he has now really makes things difficult sometimes. He was pretty pushy with the people at the VA pharmacy. I felt bad for the pharmacy check-in girl. It's really not her fault that the prescription hadn't been entered into the system FIVE MINUTES after we left the doctor's office. He acted like she didn't know how to use the computer. She tried to explain to him that it wasn't in the system yet but he got snippy with her and went to the guy at the next window. By the time he got into Dad's records, there it was.

Sometimes I just want to say to him, "Shut up, sit down and leave people alone!"

There are days....

3 comments:

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

It's like, the more they lose control, they feel like they have to prove they are IN control.

Donita Curioso said...

Ah, control. The magic word. Dad's middle name.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I am human. For that I feel guilty. Sometimes I am subhuman. For that I feel stupid.
Sometimes I am so there, other times l fall apart.
For the bad times, I apologize to Sister Joyous Fist Of Joy. It's all I can do. Your Joyous Fist is as a Joy.

Brother atom bomb of reflection, you are as a Universal Lozenge soothingly lodged in the sinus of the Southland!
For that I salute you.

- Doing my paltry best.