Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Fish tank

Paige got bored with having a fish tank in her room. She was down to 3 fish in a 20 gallon tank. So, yesterday I went to the pet shop and bought naturally colored gravel to replace her bright red gravel and bought 8 more fish and 2 live plants. I took the aquarium apart and gave it a good cleaning. Then I set it up in the living room. It looks pretty boring right now but I'm considering it to be a blank canvas. Someday you won't recognize it. For now I taped a piece of the Squaresville paper behind it so you 're not looking at the blank wall.

I want to make a box that fits the back of the tank and is about 3 inches deep. Then I want to make some kind of diorama to go into it and then affix it to the tank. The possibilities are endless. I'm also going to paint the frame of the tank and do something goofy with that boring stand.

Today I gave the front porch a good cleaning. It was getting pretty bad. We were approaching white trash front porch.

Dad has a whole crew working out in the trees today. They're trimming and spraying. Lots of people working in the trees and they're all wearing Timio's Landscaping t-shirts. What's up with that?

3 comments:

vivage said...

A long time ago when I lived on Tyler Street with Nancy S (and we both worked at Licorice Pizza) we had one print on our walls. It was of a mission.

I cut out a photo of the Pope, a waving friendly pope. And I taped it in one of the windows of the mission picture.

It was a good decorating decision. Maybe you could have Bush waving from under the water?

Donita Curioso said...

Anything that resembles Bush that comes near this house is quickly set on fire so I don't think that would work.

I was thinking something like the underwater scenes from the old submarine ride at Disneyland. I liked those fake flowers and the fake fish. Lindsay suggested a shark scene. I dunno, I have to think about it some more. Maybe something with Barbies.

You mean to tell me that you worked for Licorice Pizza, with all those free rock posters coming into the store and all you had on your wall was a print of a mission?

vivage said...

Yeah, just a mission. No rock posters, I was never really a fan of posters. Musta been because I had a poster of Bobby Sherman when I was 12 and realized I'd never marry him.

I'm bitter about posters ya see?

I like Bush drowning in a vat of Barbies.