Sunday, May 08, 2005

Saturday afternoon with Virginia...

...was very enjoyable. She showed up at around 2. We came straight into the studio and just started yakking (meaning talking, nothing to do with yaks). Virginia is a very comfortable person to talk to. Plus we have a lot in common so we talked a LOT. We talked about her MIL and my dad. Talked about our kids. Jim and I showed her our Photoshop stuff and then we all talked about it.

Later we took her on the grand tour and showed her the vast wealth of junk art supplies. We'll mine the motherlode at a later date. I'd like to see what kind of junk art we could make. The tour ended with her meeting Dad. Boy, he sure does like meeting women. He poured on the charm.

We didn't get around to actually making anything. Anyway, I think it was better to do the talking thing this first visit. I'm looking forward to collaborating with her. I have a feeling we'll compliment each other nicely. And I think she'll be a motivating force.

Woo-hoo, everybody's getting junk sculptures for Christmas!

5 comments:

vivage said...

hahahaha, and I'm looking at you as the motivating force. That's a good partnership!

Hey, and btw, I have a nailgun. Don't know how to use it, am frankly scared of the danged thing but I've got one. A soldering iron too. No torch yet tho.

Donita Curioso said...

A nail gun! Yippeee!!!!

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

This a frightening combination.

Donita Curioso said...

You ain't whistlin' Dixie.

vivage said...

Be afraid, be very afraid.