Thursday, February 01, 2007

Uneventful

Not much happened today. I got new cell phones for the girls and me. Actually, I signed us up for a family plan. I'll pick the phones up tomorrow. They didn't have the kind of phone I wanted. The phone that comes free with the plan looks like a melted blob of gray plastic. The phones we're getting are sleek, black and silver camera phones. They cost $50 each but there's a $50 rebate. I'm no math genius but that's free, right?

That's pretty much it. I had lunch and picked up my sewing machine from the shop. I puttered around the house, did some laundry, talked to Lorraine and watched The African Queen. I dunno, this just doesn't feel right.

Two weeks today. I'm finding that Sundays and Thursdays are weird. Jim had his stroke on a Sunday and died on a Thursday. So now I'm moving through time with these jarring and stifling bi-weekly markers. I'll be glad when a Sunday is just a Sunday again.

So, anyway, I feel like Grief is setting me up for a whammy. Yep, capital G. That's how I look at it sometimes. Like it's some kind of entity. The Grief Monster. It's a presence in my life. Not always active but it shows me little glimpses just to remind me I don't have it goin' on as much as I think I do. That bitch is going to hit me for sure.

I skipped walking again. My knee is still wonky. Better, though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

*hugs for Momma*

Donita Curioso said...

Thanks, Boo.

vivage said...

Ice the knee. 15 mins on and 15 mins off.

The Grief Monster does indeed describe that little sucker. The good thing about the Grief Monster is that is does shrink in time. Hmmmm, I wonder if your est technique works on the Grief Monster?

Donita Curioso said...

Virginia- Thanks, I'll try the ice. Heh! i don't think the est technique will work on grief. It'll help with the stress, though. I think I'll just have to wait for the monster to shrink on its own.

Dean- Yep. It's starting to feel like he's not coming back. The reality hits when I'm trying to deal with something I can't ask him about.

Got a good laugh last night. I was at the back gate letting the dogs out so they could get a drink from the fountain. Suddenly Rory came running out the front door making sputtering noises and laughing. He said, "What am I doing outside?" Then he laughed some more. I said, "Rory, what are you doing?" He said, "I woke up and ran outside!" He had been sleepwalking and was just waking up. He said, "I was dreaming that communists were stealing my clothes!"

Pretty soon Paige came running out laughing. She said Rory had all of a sudden jumped up and was saying, "You commie bastards! I'm gonna fuck you up!" Lindsay and Kyle heard it too. Then Rory ran out the door. Oh man, I laughed so hard!

Now I'm thinkin' we should hide his samurai sword collection.

Donita Curioso said...

Check me out! I just installed a new shower head in the bathroom. Oh yeah, I can use a wrench!

Anonymous said...

Go momma!