Sunday, February 11, 2007

Ah, those bi-weekly markers

It's Sunday. Four weeks since Jim's stroke. Time marches on. It all seemed to slow down those first two weeks. Now it's sped back up again and it seems like it's flying by, in some ways too fast and in others not fast enough. How can he have been gone this long so fast? Am I mourning on schedule? It still doesn't seem real.

I talked to Jeanne yesterday. She said it's been three years since her mom died. Woosh! Man, it seems like it was just a few months ago.

It's raining. I hope it rains a good long time. We really need it. But when Spring rolls around I want to really clean and purge. I only have a year before we have to move. I was looking at the workshop yesterday. So much stuff. Too many tools I don't know how to use (plus lots I do know how to use. I'm no sissy). Lots of electronics and trinkets. In the trailer are Jim's papers and books that he was saving for some future career use. And Hammond parts! Lots of Hammond parts.

Hoo boy, moving is going to be a monumental chore. Yes, by then I'll have things pared down and getting out of here will be easier. But when it's time to set it all back up again...EEK! The computer stuff and the stereo and tv stuff. These computers are majorly wired up. I know the boys and girls will be able to help me with everything but Jim added a few levels of complexity that these kids won't be able to deal with. So, ok, that's stuff we wouldn't be able to use anyway.

And then there are the two PCs in the closet. Jim said there's important stuff stored on them. Great. I feel like my life is a Katamari ball.

Ok. It will get better. Then worse. Then better.

8 comments:

Billy Canary said...

Color code all the female and male jacks with electricians tape than take digital pics for future reference. I did that with my giant TV and I almost felt like a real electrician!

Billy Canary said...

the take, not than take. I shoulda color coded my typos.

Donita Curioso said...

Ooh, good idea. Still, there's going to be way more stuff than we can use. I'll get it figured out eventually.

Anonymous said...

Whew, I feel for ya. I know I would be overwhelmed if I had to move or get rid of my stuff too. It doesn't help that one of my hobbies is garage sailing! I even have clothes taking up space in my dresser that I have not worn in 18 YEARS! Hopefully somebody can help you with erasing hard drives; after that, here's a site that can help you locate a place that recycles computers & stuff. http://www.erecycle.org/

Also, Craigslist is pretty good for selling stuff - but you have to deal with people coming on your property.

vivage said...

Or you could do an estate sale where someone else comes over and does all the work.

Time flying by is kind of funny isn't it?

Donita Curioso said...

I'll probably use Craig's list for the music gear and eBay for Jim's books and a yard sale for everything else.

Damn, I had to update my blog stuff with Google and now things aren't working right. Fellow bloggers, if you don't see me commenting it might be because Google is sucking right now. Grrr....

vivage said...

I had a lot of trouble when I first got onto Google blog. It's quieted down some now but there was one day where I had to go to blogger help and a very nice man from Tx helped me figure out why my posting box was not autowrapping. And the whole password thing takes some getting used to.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dean - yes I lurk periodically! I'm glad you thought of me and my hard-boiled egg recipe! It really does work perfectly. No more getting the shells under your fingernails while trying to peel them when they don't want to come off. In fact, if you tap them on a table and roll them slightly under some pressure of your palm, they'll often come apart in two 1/2 shells - very cool - You can impress your friends and family!