Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A realization

My cyberfriend, Carol S, somehow didn't get included in those first e-mails I sent to everyone about Jim's stroke. When I realized it I sent her a note with the link to the blog. As I was writing to her I had this new, fresh thought. I told her I'm crying a lot but I'm not falling apart. Then I realized I'm not going to. It was the most comforting and empowering thing. I feel pretty light right now. I know I'll still have those crashes and it's going to be hard and it'll SUCK!!!!!!!!!! I learned a lot about the grieving process when my mom died. I know I'm miles away from healing but I also know I'm going to be ok.

I dunno, it didn't hit me that way until just now. The realization that I'm not falling apart and I'm not going to just kind of cemented itself to me. Like putting on a jacket. Suddenly I felt more comfortable.

So, I'm going to just sit here and revel in that for a while.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww- I'm really glad to hear that. I hope your days continue to be revelations and not so bad. EVERYONE is on your side! I wish I could just call and say- "hey Doni- why don't you & the girls (& Kyle) come over for dinner- or a movie- or whatever. maybe some day it will come to that. In the meantime- we're here for you- a phone call away.

vivage said...

You are a pillar of strength!

Donita Curioso said...

Aw, jeez you guys.

Shawn S said...

Hi Donita,

It is good to drop in and see your blog. Very new thing for me to do. I am very glad to read you are having better times. Your writing also is interesting. Shawn Skinner

Donita Curioso said...

Thank you, Shawn. Nice to have you here.