Friday, February 02, 2007

Blogging this stuff

If I skip a day don't worry about me. Right now I don't always have much to write.

Ken came by this morning and dropped off some of Jim's music stuff. I chatted with him a while and got some advice on what to do with our cars. I want to sell the van and the truck and get two small, reliable cars for Paige and me. After he left I went to the dmv to get Jim's name taken off the titles. As I was waiting for my number to be called Ken walked in! He said he had just gotten a piece of mail and wanted to give it to me. Hoo boy, if it was so important that he hunted me down at the dmv I knew I'd be crying about it. It was a card and a very generous gift from the sister of Ken's best friend, who died last summer. I've never met this woman. I knew Ken's friend but not that well. Ken had told her about what happened to Jim and she just wanted to help out. I was floored. So, now I'm in the dmv, hugging Ken and weeping. Interesting moment.

Man, I'm crying pretty hard just typing this. What a kind thing for her to do.

When I finished at the dmv (can't change the titles for 40 days) I went to pick up the cell phones. Our new little phones are snazzy. Trying to learn how they work makes me feel ancient. At least I got the contact numbers entered.

Jeez, I need to get my eyes checked. Last Sunday when I was having breakfast with the NorCal crowd we were talking about vision and all the problems associated with it. I know I don't see all that well and they suggested my drug store cheaters might not be doing the job. I'm pretty sure they're right. It was hard to read the manual for the phone. A little while ago I installed a new shower head and it was hard to read the directions. I haven't had my eyes checked in years. Ok, add that one to the list.

Tomorrow we're going to rearrange the studio a bit. I want to make the apartment out back more secure and move Jim's Hammonds out there. Then I can move around easier in the storage trailer. And once the apartment is secure I can store the extra keyboards in there. We're going to move the bed out and move Rory's desk in. The giftwrap and mailing tubes are moving to the apartment. As we're doing all that I can be making some keep-or-toss decisions. Don't worry, I'm not going to be making any snap decisions about anything important. Just the obvious stuff.

In a year we'll be moving to a new place and right now we have way too many possessions. I know how fast a year can fly by. I need to be thinking about this now. I do NOT want to have to rent a storage space. Anyway, I'll get it figured out.

8 comments:

vivage said...

Hey and sometimes the dollar stores have them for a dollar! I had to get real glasses tho, the readers made me sick to my stomach if I walked around with them on my face.

Anonymous said...

On the eye thing- ok, this IS my line of work- What do you mean, you haven't had your eyes checked in years???????? Please make that a prioriy! Not just because you can't see :) but you need to be concerned about the health of your eyes. Glaucoma and many other eyes diseases have no symptoms until they've progressed to the point where it's hard to halt the progression. OTC readers are ok, but if you have astigmatism you really need an RX pair. Do this ASAP, please?

Donita Curioso said...

Ok, ok, consider my ass kicked. I'll check into it on monday. I don't even know if Kaiser covers eye stuff. If they don't I'll have to find an eye doc.

Hey, Nonymouse, who is you?

Anonymous said...

Ha! I swear it's not me, but had I the courage to blog, I'd have said the same thing... Glad it's on your to do list!

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Oops! Sorry- I forgot to ID my comment-Didn't mean to come down so hard but I deal with this stuff on a daily basis so I couldn't NOT say something! If you have no routine vision coverage-it could probably go through medical coverage. I care about your eyes :) Hugs and love all around-

Donita Curioso said...

Anne- It's ok. You have my full permission to kick my ass. Thank you.

Sunset Sister- Heh! Good name.

Billy Canary said...

Hey! Have you looked at your visitor locations thingy (Thingy: hi tech term) at the bottom of your blog? It looks like the US is burning beneath a giant glob of molten goo! Run! Run!Run!

PS What kinda truck is it?

Donita Curioso said...

Yeah, the map has gotten blobby lately.

The truck is a Ford Ranger. Um, I think it's a '97. Stick, no power steering, no AC, big scary airbag right in front of your face. But a damn good little truck. Gots a rack and a bedliner.