Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Clear liquids

And nothing butt. I'm prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow. I'm staying home today. Gotta catch up on the paper work anyway.

Had a nice walk with Jeff yesterday. We had a deep but lively conversation about.... colonoscopys. We walked down Victoria. On the way there I stopped by Walgreen's and bought a knee brace. It didn't seem to me like it could actually help but it did. My knee didn't pop until we were almost back at Hope, and then it was only a little pop. The knee brace felt weird but I forgot about it after a while.

Looking forward to the weekend. Sunday is the first meeting of the Riverside Ukulele Circle. We're meeting in a coffee place downtown. We know that at least four of us will show up, probably more like eight.

I'm hungry. Gonna go get me some delicious chicken broth.

4 comments:

Billy Canary said...

I expect hundreds.

At the Uke Circle, not the colonoscopy.

Hey! My woord verification thing below was IQNUFF! Nyuk!

Donita Curioso said...

IQNUFF! What a crack up! Well, he's a smart guy.

Dave Hockett came by. Man, we talked for about 2 hours. It's always nice to see him.

I just finished my delicious chicken broth. Actually, it was pretty good. Dang, it's hard to not eat. I'll walk into the kitchen and just forget. I saw a can of wasabi almonds sitting on the table and started jonesing.

Donita Curioso said...

I'm on approved clear liquids all day. At 7:00 tonight I'll take the first dose of laxative. Then EARLY tomorrow morning I'll take the second dose. I never got any instructions about green Gatorade. I just can't have anything that's been colored red or purple. They said to make sure I have something with sugar and sodium in it. Well, the juice is full of sugar and the broth is packed with sodium so I'm covered.

Donita Curioso said...

EEEEKKK!!! How the hell am I going to sleep tonight? I should just take a pillow into the bathroom and camp out in there.

Carol called. She and the boys are coming tomorrow evening. How cool! They'll spend the night and then go to Long Beach in the afternoon for an appointment. It'll be great to see them!