Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Riverside Zydeco

I met Ken and Sherri at Fairmount Park this evening for the Wednesday concert. The band was Porterhouse Bob and Down To The Bone. They were billed as a blues band but they were mostly Zydeco. And they were good. I love that stuff. Cousin Steve showed up a little later with his Aussie dog, Buddy. Buddy's a cute pup but he's a little hyper.

They film these concerts and show them on Riverside's local station (channel 33?). No one was dancing and the way they have the stage set up there's a vast expanse of concrete between the performers and the audience sitting on the grass. I really wanted to get a closer look but I wasn't interested in having my backside show up on the tee-vee. Oh what the hell, I'm going up there.

I guess all people needed was for me to break the ice because after I went up so did a bunch of other people, including Steve and Buddy. I chatted with Steve for a little bit and then felt something poke me in the butt. It was Buddy's nose. AAARRGH!!! That freakin' dog nosed me right in front of the tv cameras!!!!

I should have turned around and done some kind of ta-da move but I didn't think of it. It's unnerving getting nosed in public. Sheesh. Oh well, the band was great and we had a good time.

It's a lovely night. I heading to the porch.

7 comments:

vivage said...

bwhahahahaah! Ok, I am sorry for that outburst. But bwhahahaha.

Donita Curioso said...

Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. You wouldn't think it was so funny if all nine of your dogs nosed you all at once...

on NATIONAL TELEVISION...

during the SUPER BOWL!!

See? See? Not so funny now, eh?!?

That's what I thought.

Why are you still laughing?

Anonymous said...

You wrote "Aussie Buddy" and I read "friend from Australia", which got confusing at the point where he put his nose in your butt.

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

That's why I made sure I used a comma and a capital B. Jeez, who's got the Master's degree around here?

Or maybe them Aussies gots weird customs.

Anonymous said...

I salute your punctuation, but one skips it when one scans as fast as one can so as not to get caught blogging at work.

Donita Curioso said...

There, I fixed it.

vivage said...

I can't help it, I'm still laughing. Bwhahahaha.