Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Lady needs a doggie door

Now that big Maggie is gone Dad just has Lady. She's a sweet girl, smaller than my dogs and very peppy. I think she's about 12 years old. Dad has been letting her sleep in the house, which is good for her. But now we're starting to smell urine in the house. Damn. I was hoping that letting the dog sleep inside would work out. She's pretty skittish. At this point she might be afraid to use a doggie door.

I think it's nice that Dad has a dog for company but man, she has a shitty life. I always felt bad for those dogs but at least they had each other. Now Lady is all alone in that back yard. Dad visits with her a few times a day but most of the time she's on her own. We sibs haven't talked about where she'll go when Dad goes into assisted living. I'd be happy to take her but I'm already up to my eyeballs in animals. Maybe Drew will take her. We'll figure it out. In the meantime she's got about 5 months to be by herself in that crappy back yard.

Dad was foggy this morning. Cheery, tho.

2 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Oh. lordy. Lady had lots of matted hair behind her ears and back legs. I took Dad a pair of scissors so he could cut it out. This morning Lady looks like she went through a shredder. Dad has given her the same haircut Paige sometimes gives Boz. Except Paige tries to be artistic about it. Oh man, Lady looks just awful!

Anonymous said...

You gave him a sharp impliment to use on a living creature??

Lord...I'm just glad Lady's still alive!