Friday, August 24, 2007

Let's all get foggy

This morning when I went over to Dad's he was standing outside watching the earth movers. He kept saying, "That's a LOT of dirt! Why is there so much dirt?" We watched them for a little while and then he said, "Evidently another company owns those Christmas trees because they're not taking them. Look, they're going right up to the fence line but they're not taking the trees". It took me a while to get him to understand that a different guy bought the land behind us and those Christmas trees were his.

Doing meds was another juggling act. When he gets his hands going it's hard to stay ahead of him and keep him from blotting before he puts the blood on the strip. This morning he put the tissue over the end of the lancet shooter and tried to fire it.

I'm foggy too. This morning my eyes popped open at 3:00 and I couldn't get back to sleep. I came out here and worked on the ukulele case for a while. Then I went back in the house at 6:30 and watched a little tv. I went back to bed at 7. I slept HARD and dreamed crazy dreams. I woke up at 8:30 in a major fog, like I had to struggle back to reality. I dreamed that our whole family took a ride in a space shuttle ($40 apiece) to the edge of space to look at the stars and galaxies and the earth. Paige was about 4 years old. She fell asleep and I kept trying to wake her up. When we got back down we were in this place that was a big room with a hole in the floor. Through it we could see down to the next floor. A crazy woman was down there with her nurse, like the crazy wife in Jane Eyre. She had a knife in her hand and was holding the nurse by the arm. We were yelling at her, telling her to not stab the nurse. While she was distracted the nurse started climbing up a rope ladder towards us. As she climbed she started to bleed. The higher she climbed the more she bled, like the crazy woman had already stabbed her and the effort of climbing was opening her wound. By the time she got to us she was bleeding showers of blood. When she finally got to the top she fell over dead. Then I woke up.

UGH! I still feel wiped out from that.

So, hey! Good morning!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! You're CRAzy!

Donita Curioso said...

Hold me.

vivage said...

Here's a teddy bear for you. Yes, that's right, just hug the teddy bear.

Anonymous said...

Wait...if you can get him to forget that the Christmas trees are his...wouldn't that make things easier on all of us? :D

Donita Curioso said...

Yes, it would.

Oops. the teddy bear's arrm came loose. I don't know what happened.

Anonymous said...

Teddy isn't spraying blood everywhere, is he?

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

No, just a little stuffing. His black button eyes are sad and asking, "Why? Why?".

vivage said...

If he has no eyes he can't look at you. Hint.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh, heh!