Saturday, March 31, 2007

Air show!

Well, that was fun!

This morning I got up mega early and started putting the party together. Everything worked out, timing-wise. Everybody showed up pretty much at the same time. Thank you to Virginia and Venitia (sp?) and Corrina for helping me put out the food. We had breakfast burritos, fruit, muffins and mimosas. Thank you Lindsay and Kyle for taking on the coffee project. I think the food worked out pretty well.

Today we had Virginia, Bill and Jeff, Ken and Sherri, John, Venitia and her daughter Corrina, cousins Steve and Debbie, Lindsay and Kyle and me. Dad was there earlier with a couple of church ladies but they didn't stay long. I did tell Dad they could stay but Helen and Laurel said they had to leave.

The show was slow getting started. Both Ken and I think it has been better in past years. Still, it was a fun day. Check out the photos on Virginia's blog. I told everyone to bring their ukes and guitars. We messed around with some music during the lulls. Just as Kyle, Lindsay and I were singing Why Not? the stealth fighter came zooming over. And really, Why Not?

Check out the photo of Bill with a jet zooming through his head. That plane was moving seriously fast. Virginia caught it just right!

The party broke up at around 1:30. The show had gotten pretty dull (dang, where are my loud jets?) and we were FRYING in the sun. We threw everything in the back of the truck and drove it back down. Thanks for helping me pack up, everyone. I came in the house and crash landed on my bed. Had a good hour and a half nap. Right when I woke up my noisy jet showed up. It was TINY (as jets go). I couldn't believe that much sound came from such a dinky plane.

Hector came over and mowed the yards. Big, big improvement. The place looks pretty good now. Lindsay and Kyle went to see Meet The Robinsons in 3D in Hollywood. Paige is out with Rory and I'm here alone. I might just go see Meet The Robinsons at the Plaza. It's Saturday night. Things will be hoppin' down there.

6 comments:

vivage said...

It was a cool, fun day sizzlin' in the minor warmth (thank god for umbrellas!). We had a blast.

When I got home from tux shopping a big giant plane came flying over our house (wish I had the camera then!) and it was loud!

bhamzann = the sound a plane makes if it runs out of gas and crashes. We didn't hear that today.

p.s. BillyC & Zoe are at the plaza right now.

vivage said...

You can't actually see the Stealth, we only heard it. Those planes you see in the pics I took are paper airplanes that Donita made. She's so crafty isn't she?

lpanpa = the pan you make when you bbq breakfast burritos in foil.

Donita Curioso said...

Well, I guess I should have seen Blades Of Glory because Meet The Robinsons was putting me to sleep. I had to leave. I almost never leave in the middle of a movie.

We have the book A Day With Wilbur Robinson. It's one of my favorite children's books. I dunno, the movie just didn't work for me. Lindsay and Kyle may disagree.

I saw Bill at the Plaza. He was chatting with an old friend (can't remember his name). Nice guy. Then Zoe came strolling by. Virginia, your girl just keeps getting prettier.

I had sushi for dinner at Ooka. It was much better than the hibachi style dinners I've had there.

So, Blades of Glory is really that good? That's the kind of movie that when I see the commercials for it I automatically assume it's going to suck. Dean, I trust your taste in movies so I'm definitely going to go see it.

Virginia, it's amazing those paper airplanes turned out as well as they did considering I didn't use scissors or glue. I'm bummed that I missed the giant plane.

vivage said...

We both have beautiful girls. :-)

I wish you would have put glitter on the Stealth, might have made it easier to see. But then again it might have blinded us, glittering against the sun.

oehawic - blowing out the candle too closely.

Anonymous said...

I got the orange blossoms!!!!!!! Thank you sooooo much! They smell wonderful and made it through the process very well! You're somethin' else :) . A little bit of CA right here in upstate New York!




tbufy-how you feel when you ate too much at dinner

Donita Curioso said...

Tbufy. I like it!

Yay! I'm glad the orange blossoms made it ok. I thought they might arrive a withered mess. I got to the post office too late to ship them overnight. So, cool!

Virginia- Glitter on the stealth? Puh-leez! Everybody knows you can't do that. It would've died from embarrassment.

With the new Google blogger I don't get the word verifications anymore. You'll all have to carry on without me. Lpanpa? You know, I really should have lined that pan with foil. Them eggs is burned on there guuud.

Just had another teary moment here. I got an RC paper order. Those always went to Jim's e-mail and then he'd forward them to me but for some reason this one came straight to my inbox. I don't know how that happened. It's not a big order, just 4 sheets, but it really set me off.