Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Better today?

Well, sort of. This morning I got an e-mail reply from the customer service person at eBay telling me how I can shut Jim's account down. That was a weird one for me. So far I've transferred some accounts into my name but I haven't actually shut anything down. It almost felt the way it did when we decided to withdraw life support. So, I sat here and had a good sob-fest. I really needed it.

Then I made some phone calls and paid bills. It was more of the same with the phone calls. I'm getting the doctor's bills now and some of them said according to their records Jim didn't have health insurance. I have to call them all and tell them to submit the bills to the health insurance company. So, now instead of feeling weepy I'm feeling kind of angry, kind of don't-fuck-with-me-or-else. I gathered up the bills and left to go mail them and run some errands.

When I got home Jeff called and said he couldn't go walking today. I decided it was time for a bike ride. I hadn't ridden in a couple of weeks. It was great! I rode through some nice neighborhoods. I rode to Jim's old neighborhood and took a look at the Smith's old house. Then I headed down Palm. Just as I was about to cross Jurupa I saw Kevin sitting at the light. I yelled and tried to get his attention but he didn't hear me. When the light changed I rode in front of him and made the ugliest face I could muster right at him. He didn't recognize me (I was wearing my helmet). I turned around and followed him home. When he saw me riding up he realized who the crazy woman was.

I had a very nice visit with him and Mary. When it started to get dark I said goodbye and started home. It was drizzling. Gotta get me some goggles. I don't mind riding in the rain but I don't like getting stabbed in the eyes by raindrops. I feel good. It was a good ride.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for a good bike ride. I mailed (snail) you a picture I found of the Smiths and the Carrozzas at Lucille's in Torrance. It's a nice group shot I thought you might like to have.
ps- did the xanax work today?

vivage said...

You are really going to wear goggles? In California where it rains about 7 whole days a year?

oh, I like this word verification: oorrr

Donita Curioso said...

Well, not goggles. But if I'm going to ride in the rain I'll need something.

Anne- Cool! Looking forward to it. Of course, I'll probably cry for an hour but don't worry about it. ;- )

Heh! I forgot about the Xanax. I was so pissed off when I went to the bank it cancelled my weepies. I got my cashier's checks.

Donita Curioso said...

Arrgh! My emoticon got cut in two!

vivage said...

Sheeee-eesh. I even gave you a reminder that Wed was Xanex day! The next time you go to the bank I will put in a reminder for Xanex on your blog and on mine!

Ok, I'm glad you're not going to do the goggle thing, I wrote on my blog about the goggle thing. A brimmed hat might be a good solution.

Donita Curioso said...

I got my casheir's checks. I'm never going to the bank ever again.

I posted on your blog about the goggles. Ok, so I'll just let my eyes get seriously and permanently damaged so I can look ultra cool riding my bike in the rain. I'll be blinded for beauty.

Or, I could just ask my bro-in-law what he does. He's a serious cyclist. I'll bet he'd ride in any weather because he's ultra macho (Oh, Dave, you KNOW you are!). So sissy rain hat for him!

vivage said...

A really simple fix to getting blinded by the stabbing rain is to not go out in it. Bwhahahaha.

Really, I'd find a starbucks, I might not find a starbucks if I have foggy goggles on.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! Foggy Goggles. I think I went to highschool with him.

vivage said...

Heh, I think you turned into Foggy Goggles last night as I hear it!

Donita Curioso said...

Well, at least I didn't turn into Pukey McBarfson. Got lucky there.