Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dreaming about Jim

It's funny, but I really haven't dreamed about him until recently. He just started showing up. The other night I dreamed we were sitting in a theater, like Ramona's auditorium. He was sitting a couple seats away from me and I was looking at him and I knew in 3 days he was going to have a stroke. I was thinking wow, here he is having a good time and he doesn't even know that in three days his life will be over. He was just smiling, sitting there enjoying himself. We didn't speak. He looked younger, like he did in highschool.

This all still doesn't seem real. How can he be gone? It just seems impossible. Like, IMPOSSIBLE.

Today I went to Home Depot and bought a LOT of plants. Mostly 6 packs of flowers. I got out there and got dirty. I planted tomatoes and some herbs. It felt good to work in the sun and smell the dirt and hang with the kitties and look at pretty flowers. In a little while I'm going to Ken and Sherri's. That'll be nice, kind of like old times. Their patio is like Prozac. Heh! We'll hang out on the Prozac Patio. Here at home I have a Prozac Porch.

Anyway, it's been a nice day.

3 comments:

vivage said...

Love the idea of flowers, I can never get enough of them. I love them. I wish we had better sprinkling systems to keep them alive.

What were you guys watching in the theater?

Anonymous said...

Hi Doni!

One thing your dream about Jim had in common with mine and Nancy's is that he's always smiling. I think that's cool.

Mary

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! What were we watching? I dunno, the show hadn't started yet.

Yeah, Jim was smiling and he looked much younger.