Saturday, March 24, 2007

A pretty good day

This morning I went to Stacey's for a sib meeting to discuss Dad issues. Lots of great stuff there. Man, I love my family. I am so grateful for the way we work together. And they're pretty cool people to hang out with.

David filled us in about bro-in-law Bob. He has prostate cancer. He's doing ok right now. They're trying to figure out which treatment they want to use. Our love and prayers go out to them. Get better, Bob.

After the family meeting I stopped by a yard sale and bought a HUGE mirror for $10. Good score there. I've been wanting to get a full length mirror so we don't have to keep going into Lindsay's room for the head to toe wardrobe check. I put this one in the hall. It doesn't quite fit the space so I need to figure out how I want to hang it. I might just leave it as it is since hanging it will be a project and we won't be here that much longer.

When I got home I made some cds for Drew. His birthday was yesterday (Happy Birthday, Drew!) so tonight we all went to Olivia's for dinner. Afterward we came back to Dad's for pie and coffee. Dede is working on having our old family movies put on dvds. She got Drew's finished first so he could have it for his birthday. Oh man, that was so much fun to see! Debbie and I were little kids, Drew was a baby and Mom and Dad were young and so very attractive. I'm looking forward to seeing the whole collection.

I played Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow and Beautiful Sunday for them since they won't be at open mike tomorrow night. Everybody sang along on Beautiful Sunday. I had just sent the surfing dog video to them so they were freshly familiar with the song. Hearing their voices singing made me weepy. Silly Donita. Yes, today was a very weepy day.

But it was a good one.

2 comments:

vivage said...

Many, many good thoughts for Bob.

I love great buys like that. Like those bowls I got for 1/3 of the price in a store.

Oh and Happy Birthday Drew!

Donita Curioso said...

Yes, I love getting a good deal. Learned that from Mom.