Sunday, April 01, 2007

Ukuleles in the basement, pizza and pie.

Today was the second meeting of the Riverside Ukulele Liberation Front. Almost everyone brought a song or two for everyone to learn. Cool stuff! We spent more time tuning this time so the sound was much better. Cousins Steve and Debbie showed up and listened for a while. They're going to tell Janet about the group and see if she wants to join.

I rode my bike there today. Not a bad ride but it was kind of hot. Still, it was good to get the exercise. I think I might do that every time. It reminded me of riding my bike to banjo lessons when I was in highschool. Except that my banjo case was not travel friendly.

After the uke meeting Bill and Virginia invited me out for dinner with the family. They were celebrating both Jeff's and Bill's birthdays. I rode my bike to their house and hung out for a while with them and the kids. Fun scene. We dinked around a bit on ukes and guitars and listened to some music. Liam has nice friends. Then we went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. Jeff brought Jean, their mom. She's wheelchair bound so it can take a long time to transport her. We had a nice dinner with lively conversation (exploring the intricacies of the pie-ness of pie). Afterward we went to Borders. This is a typical Sunday evening for the Odiens. I had a good time.

Tomorrow I'm taking Rory to Santa Ana for training for his new job. I haven't had time to get the iffy tire on the van changed so we're taking the truck. Rory isn't comfortable driving such a long distance on the freeway. I'm happy to drive him. It's going to be a long day but I'm sure I'll find something interesting to do in Santa Ana. Once he's trained he can start working right away. He's been out of work for a while and I know it's made him unhappy.

Hey, I could go to Disneyland! Seriously, I just might do that.

2 comments:

vivage said...

Airshow, uke circle, disneyland? A full weekend for sure!

Hey, it was fun hanging around yesterday/last night.

Donita Curioso said...

Yep! I enjoyed it too. I like youse peoples.

Didn't make it to Disneyland. More to come.