Friday, March 16, 2007

#$@!&%!!!

I banged my toe. This is my chronic little toe. If I bump it on something it pops out of joint and hurts like a MO-FO!!!! It's been this way for years. If I grab it real quick I can pop it back in before the pain hits. But if I need to take a pause to regain my balance I might not get to it quick enough to beat the pain rush. Today I was lucky but it's still very painful and tender. I'm all wrapped up in an ACE bandage. I took one of Dad's Vicodins.

The first time it happened I was in the Odien's pool. All the church kids were there. I was in the deep end, hanging onto the side. My foot l-i-g-h-t-l-y brushed against the side of the pool. I felt my little toe pop out and then pop back in. I was thinking, man, that's weird, I wonder what that was, AAAIIEEEEEEOOOWWWWW!!!!!! I could hardly get out of the pool. They had to practically carry me to my car. The Odiens live just a few blocks from Hope Lutheran, which is where my mom worked as church secretary. I drove there and honked my horn. The look on my mom's face was pretty funny when she came out to see what was up. Like, gee, has my daughter gotten to be THAT lazy? She took me to the doctor. He just bandaged it up and sent me home with crutches. It's been popping out once or twice a year ever since.

There is an evil, toe-grabbing demon living in the Odien's swimming pool.

9 comments:

vivage said...

So were you swimming in the MIL's pool today for the demon to grab your toe? Or did the demon travel to your house?

Toe banging sounds like a horrible sex act or a call for shoes.

Donita Curioso said...

Well, the demon caused the original injury. My bad body radar is responsible for all subsequent toe bangings.

Now I almost always wear slippers while I'm at home. Almost always. Today I was in socks. Man, I was just ASKING for it!

vivage said...

Hmmmm, socks are invitations for the demon huh?

Donita Curioso said...

Yep. And washing them doesn't seem to help.

Donita Curioso said...

Yep, it's just a toe. The littlest toe. And yet it can cause so much suffering. It was really throbbing this morning but it's gotten much better. I was limping at the grocery store but I was zooming around by the time the Odiens got here for lunch.

Whew! I'm ready for a nap.

vivage said...

Maybe you should try not washing the socks!

On another note: The lunch was fab, and the birthday video for Anne is fab as well. Anne, we wished you were there but since you weren't here is our Ode to Anne's birthday Click on the link to get there. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my God!! That was so cool of you guys! I love it! Especially after shovelling 2 feet of snow and having the big annual St. Patrick's/ birthday party get cancelled- I was feelin' short-changed on my birthday but that was great! Wish I could have been there- Thanks everyone!

Donita Curioso said...

Happy Birthday, Missus Carrozza! (Hey, Carl!) I wish it could have been more. Next time you're out here we'll have a big cake just cuz.

Virginia- Jeez, girl, you're fast!

Yes, lunch was lovely. The weather was beautiful and the fishies were tasty. The tequila added just the right touch.

Gonna go play some uke on the front porch.

vivage said...

:-)