Monday, March 26, 2007

Stuff

It's been a pretty good couple of days. Last night the TV's Kyle band performed at open mike. Our first time without Jim. I had a bit of a train wreck with the intro to Cellar Door but the rest of the song went pretty well. Same with Beaver Duck, although I did screw up a few times. I don't have the full sound of the keyboard to cover my mistakes anymore. So, that just means I need to get better.

I performed solo at open mike for the first time. Again, some mistakes but I just rolled with it and had fun with the audience. They sang with me, which was fun. But again, near the end of Beautiful Sunday I felt myself getting the weepies from hearing their voices. I held it together this time.

Yesterday we brought the bunny in and watched him and Spiral chase each other around the living room. It was pretty damn funny. Spiral took a few swats at him but the bunny was too quick for him and jumped out of the way. The bunny gave as good as he got. I think Spiral just couldn't believe he was being chased by a white bunny.

Today I opened a checking account at a credit union. Later I took Paige in to open a savings account. She's getting Social Security checks now. It feels good to get stuff like that done.

Later I took Dad to the grocery store. Two hours! His cart was filled to the max! Oh well, he's set for a while. I had to stick close to him to make sure he wasn't getting too many sweets. He still ended up with a lot of candy bars. Yeesh.

This Saturday is the Riverside Air Show. This will probably be the last time we'll have our exclusive seats so I'm going to make a party of it. Come on over! We'll have breakfast at the top of the hill. I think the best part of the show happens in the morning. I was thinking of having breakfast burritos, fruit, coffee and mimosas. Bring a lounge chair (you'll be looking up a lot), a big hat and sunscreen.

I love it when the air show comes to town. On the day before the sky above our house is filled with stunt flyers and vintage planes all practicing their routines. The next day they're all there to perform joined by awesomely loud fighter jets, a HUGE transport plane and the stealth fighter. Parachute teams, too. I'll take the truck to the top of the hill and park there for the day. Great seats!

2 comments:

Donita Curioso said...

Yes! It was just like that! "Cat-like reflexes", my eye. Bunnies are quicker. Spiral would swat at him and he'd just instantly leap in the air. Then he'd crawl back towards Spiral, interested and sniffing. It happened over and over. Spiral was beside himself.

Ooh, I'm hungry. But I can't eat because I'm going to Kaiser to have blood drawn.

vivage said...

I wonder if Spiral has seen that video? If he hasn't it might scare him cuz that bunny was a scary bunny!