Saturday, March 10, 2007

Another drumline Saturday

This time in San Diego. Ths kids were better this time. I just had one kid get grumpy because someone took his shoe. And now I'm home wishing I had something to do.

Oh man, buses are way more uncomfortable than they used to be. They have seatbelts now, three sets to a seat. That means there are two seatbelt latches built into the seat and there's no way to avoid sitting on them. I had a couple of Paige's fleece throws that I folded up and sat on trying to avoid the butt bruising latches. They didn't help much. And the seats are crammed in like airline seats so there's no leg room. My knees were jammed up against the seat in front of me.

There are two more drumline shows left. I'll probably be the bus mom for those too. So, next time I'll bring a big, thick pillow.

Bleah. I got roped into making chili and a salad for the chili cook-off fundraiser on tuesday. I'm just going to make the stuff and drop it off at the school. I don't want to stay for the event. No, no, no...

4 comments:

vivage said...

I always look like a bag lady when I go places where I KNOW the seats are going to be bad. I carry a pillow and a bag full of stuff to do.

Comfort is my middle name.

Donita Curioso said...

Yeah, I bring comfy stuff too. I took the uke and a blanket and my own chair AND my great big sun hat. But a big pillow is a must.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, even though you have to put up with the kids, I would give anything to be able to be outside in the sun instead of inside because it's -5 Farenheit!
You're a good Mom!
Today I was driving and in front of me was a car with a license plate frame that said "Jim Smith Chevy" I had to smile and remember Jim-can't picture him as a car dealer though!

vivage said...

Whatever you do don't ask us what the temps are out here today. You might have to pack your bags and move out here now.