Friday, March 02, 2007

Carol and the boys

Had a great visit from the Powers that be. Good golly them boys is big! I kept thinking Jay was Dan! Their plane had some problems just before take-off so they ended up being about 4 hours late. Carol had called and told me she was bringing some steamed crabs. Freakin' yum! I went to the store and got salad fixin's and some salmon. We had a delicious dinner at around 10:30 last night. We finally went to bed at around 1am.

This morning I fixed crab and salmon omelettes. We're happily crabby. After puttering around here for a while Carol, the boys and I went up Mt. Rube. I wore my knee brace and didn't have too much trouble. The boys wanted to do a lot of exploring but we didn't have much time. They had an appointment in Newport at 3:30 so we had to get back down the mountain. It was a short but very nice visit. We laughed a lot. I'm hoping they can all come down for a SoCal vacation so we can spend more time together.

This afternoon I took Dad to the grocery store. I didn't need much so I let him go in on his own while I went to the dollar store. When I went back to Stater's his cart was filled with diabetic disaster food. I tried to get him to put some of it back but he got testy with me. So I just stayed close to him for the rest of the trip and talked him out of adding more bad stuff to his cart. Sheesh.

I'm done. Time for a hot bath, glass of wine and jammies.

6 comments:

vivage said...

This might cause a fight but maybe not...you can always go in when he's not looking and take the stuff out of his house.

He might accuse you of stealing but maybe he'll forget he bought some of the stuff.

Donita Curioso said...

No, he's paranoid enough already. I'll just keep telling him to take it easy. Man, he's just like a little kid. I won't turn him loose in a supermarket again.

vivage said...

Or take him to the health food store instead!

Donita Curioso said...

NNNOOOoooo! We stopped at Clarke's one day after one of his doctor's appointments. I just needed a few things. He wanted to thoroughly explore the vast world of vitamins. He wanted to know what would be good for him and he wanted it explained in detail, which he could NOT grasp. I had to keep reminding him that I'd had him on a bunch of supplements before but he complained about taking too many pills.

No, I'll just ride shotgun on his shopping cart from now on.

vivage said...

Extremely brilliant! Although I might change the line to: "Hey Dad, isn't that Gina Lolabrigida squeezing her grapefruit?"

Donita Curioso said...

Them's melons.