Friday, March 09, 2007

Dinner at Ken and Sherri's

What a good, GOOD visit! It was just the three of us. We talked and laughed and drank and ate and even got weepy a few times. It was so good to be with them.

I took my uke. After dinner I played some of the songs I've been working on lately. Ken got pretty excited! I'm going to start going over there to work on music. Ken wants to play with me and we're going to talk to John about joining us. No, it's not going to be Casual Sunday minus Jim. We'll never be able to recreate that.

Man. Ken said it's hard for him to play music because he keeps hearing the keyboard parts that aren't there and never will be again. I have the same problem with some pieces of music, songs that Jim and I did together. Musically, Jim was bigger than all of us put together. Not only was he an amazing soloist but when he played with a group he added colors and textures that were uniquely Jim and supported the group beautifully. There's no replacing him. What we all had is gone.

So yeah, we got a little weepy last night. And we had a real good time. We'll be getting together more often. What we have as a family, as friends, as musicians is too good to let it slide.

No comments: