Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A quick one

Didn't get a whole lot done today. I'm going to take a load to storage pretty soon and while I'm there I'll rent another unit. We'll probably fill both to the max this weekend.

We're doing the final walk-throughfor my house early Thursday morning. Drew and Bob will see of the electrical repairs are acceptable. Gammer and Gaffer will be out by then. Thank GAWD!

Today was more crazy stuff. So many people were up here walking around and blocking the driveways with their cars. Somebody parked in my driveway. I'm tired of having these people here. The grader guys are fine but the rest of them are people who heard from their sister's friend's mother's waitress's boss that they could come up here and get a tree. Some of them have an actual connection to our family and we do let them have trees. But everyone wants to chat for way too long and it pulls the focus away from the job at hand. I don't CARE that they've been coming up here for years and I don't CARE that they know Dad and want to know everything about what he's doing. Go AWAY! Yesterday we had some people from some other church actually giving trees away outside our fence. Caused a huge traffic jam. Drew had explained to them that no one could be on the property so they were waving people down as they drove by. IDIOTS!!!!!!! We put a stop to that pretty quick.

Ok, back to work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh heh. You're never going to want to see another Christmas tree as long as you live.

--dean

vivage said...

Man, you need a barricade with barbed wire. Or a sign at all entrances that says: New Owners, No tresspassing.

Idjits.

Donita Curioso said...

Dean- Yeah, that pretty much started three years ago. I do have a tree for the new house.

Virginia- We HAVE a No Tresspassing sign and people breeze right by it!

vivage said...

Then I guess it bears repeating: Idjits!