Wednesday, December 12, 2007

LARGE ANGER!!!

I can't write much now because I have to take Paige to school soon, The buyer is being a total DICK!!!! We might not close until Monday!!! He's being nit-picky about stuff that was left on the farm. We've done everything that he asked for and now he's finding new things to be unhappy about. Drew and the grader guy offered him some very reasonable solutions but he refused. I went there yesterday morning to take care of the cats and everything was fine. Then Drew showed up there at 1:00 and Dad's house was wide open. Someone had broken in. Fortunately, they didn't let Marty out. So, last night after dinner Drew met us there and we got all the cats out. They're in big cages and carriers at Drew's now.

This jerk is making things stupid hard for a lot of people. And I really don't know why. Everything is going to be bulldozed so why is he complaining about a few rocks and a sack of plaster? Some metal shelves were left in one of the barns. The grader guy told him that it would be an extra $3 in dumping fees. He even offered to do an extra dump load for free. No dice. Buyer bitch wants to be pissy.

So, this morning a lot of phone calls will be made. We're going to try to get it settled so we can close on Friday.

Ok, gotta go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Doni! I read lots but don't post often. Please know that I think of you and feel for everything you're going through! If it's any help at all, things large and small seem to be having to be bird-dogged now. It's beyond annoying. It seems like everything I do I have to do at least twice because someone else has messed up their end. Let me know when you have email up, and I'll fill you in.

We love you!

Mary
Oh, like right now - do you think I can just post? Certainly not - a connection has failed. It's enought to drive you batty. :(

Anonymous said...

Feh. What's the deal with your house? Are they willing to give you more time?

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

Mary- Nice to see you! Tell everyone up there hi for me. I can't get into my curioso email from this computer. Jim knew the magic formula for that. Oh well. I'll be glad when I get settled so I can email people. Until then I can be reached at my Hotmail address. It's donita_s@hotmail.com.

Dean- I haven't heard anything from the owners of my house. I guess they're willing to be patient for a while. They knew that the purchase of my house was contingent upon the sale of the farm. I'm hoping a few days won't be too much of a problem for them.

These buyers are total jerks. Drew caught them in a couple bald faced lies. Dennis, the grader guy, has been talking to them and told Drew what they've been saying. They told him that the "asshole Langs" said that two leftover Christmas trees were wild so that's why we didn't take them out. No, the trees were just too big and ugly for anyone to put into their homes so they weren't cut down right away. Dennis told them that he's had a good relationship with the Langs and he didn't appreciate them calling us names like that. We likey the Dennis. A couple months ago the buyer told Drew that he had worked with Dennis before. Dennis said that he'd never met the guy before this job. So, we know that the guy is a liar. I've also found out that his group has a reputation for screwing people. It's just their way of doing business. So, hopefully they'll do their pissy little thing, get it out of their system and fund the sale today so we can close tomorrow. Dennis is finishing up his extra work today.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it too bad that the usual way people get rich is to screw whomever they come across?

"Everybody has to pay taxes. Even business men who lie and cheat and steal everyday, even they have to pay taxes."

Jonathon Winters, "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"

--dean