Thursday, December 06, 2007

Puh!

The weather is going to be icky this weekend. That is so NOT what we need. We'll be moving in the rain. Grumble, grumble.

CONGRATULATIONS to Sherri and Ken (and of course to Robin and Paul) on their new grandbaby! Little dude arrived early this morning. I forgot his name (sorry). A happy day for all.

This morning Sherri and Brandon met Drew, Debbie, Bob and me at the new house for the final walk-through. It looks like the electrical repairs were done properly so plus points on that one. We found a few more problems but nothing too big. It's an old house so of course it will have issues. But one thing I didn't know. When we were in the sun room we were wondering what the windows were made of. I said, "Is this glass or plexi?" and poked at the window. My finger went right through it!!!! It's just some kind of THIN plastic! Ok, so it's just the sun room which is really an enclosed patio. We found out it's really a screened in patio with plastic sheeting over the windows. Ahem!

Oh well, it's still going to be a great house. This will be my best kitchen ever. I can't wait!

Today they're clearing out the last of the Christmas trees.

Keep moving, girl. Lotta packing left to do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the bad weather- if it makes you feel better- it's 17oF here and the forecast is for snow, sleet &/or freezing rain for the next week.
Good luck with the move and be happy in your new house!

Anonymous said...

We had a lot of rain when for our last move, too. We had these plywood Pods on our driveway, and those things are really thrown together. After awhile the doors wouldn't close right. I thought for sure they'd try to charge us for that, but they didn't.

--dean

Anonymous said...

Dang. Now I wish I hadn't thrown away that giant mattress bag.

Donita Curioso said...

Anne- Thank you! Yeesh. I can't imagine moving in that kind of weather.

Dean- So that makes me think that that happens all the time. I was thinking I might get a Pod when it's time to get new carpet. In a couple years.

Lindsay- Drew found a roll of giant plastic bags. Seriously, we have giant plastic bags to wrap around everything.

Donita Curioso said...

By the way, I start work on Monday!

Anonymous said...

Whew. I'm glad I'm not you for the next month or so.

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

Yep, it's gonna suck to be me. But I'll get through it. If I can survive 2007, I can survive almost anything.

Heh! I need a t-shirt that says 2007 SURVIVOR. People will think I was on a tv show.