Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Go away!

The wolves are circling.

All of the trees in the front field are gone and we've had big machines pushing dirt and debris around. It's obvious that we're leaving. Signs are posted that say We're Closed and No Tresspassing. So, of course that means anyone can come up here, right? This morning there were a few cut trees left in the front field. These people were out there just helping themselves, dragging trees up to their car, which was parked in front of our house. The whole damn day was a big moron parade with people coming up here, asking about trees and blocking the driveways. I HATE PEOPLE!!!!! I want to make another sign that says, "The only people who belong up here are the construction crew and the family that STILL LIVES HERE. If that's not you then don't come up here."

I told one guy that there are no more trees and as he was driving away he slowed down and got all snoopy looking at the stuff I had piled in the driveway to take to storage. Asshole! I'm sick of it.

Tomorrow morning we're doing the final walk-through at the new house. Drew and Bob are going to inspect everything to make sure the electrical repairs were done properly and just check the general condition of the place. Gammer and Gaffer are gone! Hooray!

This afternoon I took the Excel class at the library. It was completely useless. I'll just take the Excel/Word class at RCC and learn it for real.

Today was pretty productive considering I was on constant moron patrol. I got a lot of packing done and the truck is almost ready to take another load to storage. But since I'm worried about rip-offs I had to take some stuff out and lock it up in the garage. The furniture guys came and picked up Dad's leftovers. They're coming again on Saturday to get the rest. They were nice. I enjoyed talking to them.

I'm having the dogs sleep outside tonight. It's not very cold and Boz can chase off the critters (animal and human).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why was the library class useless? Too short? Too many people asking dumb questions? Too slow? What?

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

There were three of us. A woman with terrible eyesight, her bored daughter and me. The lesson was a lot like the tutorial you sent me. The instructor stood behind us and read the pages to us. And the pages had much less information than the tutorial you sent. The instructor couldn't answer any of my questions. After a while I said that I had Excel at home so I'll just study it there. The visually challenged woman got almost nothing from this "lesson". I felt bad for her. The class lasted an hour.

Anonymous said...

I hope our librarian teachers are better than that one. It doesn't sound like she even uses Excel. Consider sending an anonymous message to the library director. It might matter to her.

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

I don't think she uses it either. A note to the director sounds like a good idea to me.