Friday, December 07, 2007

Oh fer cryin' out loud.

The buyer is nervous. He wants to do his final walk-through on Monday and he wants me out by then. He's afraid escrow will close, the sale will have funded and I'll refuse to move and he'll have to have me evicted. Dude, if I don't get out on time then I'm screwing myself and my whole family. Don't worry about it.

So! We're outta here this weekend. We're refugees! I'll pack some clothes for work and some grubbies for the move. I'll use my travel toiletries bag and... uh-oh. I already packed the other two air mattresses. Well, I'm sure we'll have someplace to sleep for a couple nights.

Dede came down to have a look at the place and to help me pack. Thank you, Dede! She and I worked on the studio and got it ready to go. Now that I think of it, this will probably be my last post until after the move. Maybe I'll blog from Stacey's. I'm sure there will be stories to share.

The farm is telling us it's time to go. Things have been falling apart for a few months now. Trees have been dying. And tonight when Dede was leaving I noticed that the slow drip in the kitchen sink has turned into a steady stream. Just one more thing.

Gonna go get some dinner. Maybe Killarney's. Mmmmm, Smithwick's. No, wait, it's Friday. It'll be a madhouse. Aw, what the hell, it's still early and I really want that beer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! The buyer will have to evict you!?! What in the world would make him think that? You didn't chain yourself to the palm tree, did you? Jeesh. What a goof.

Make Stacey evict you. She's got a pool.

Wow. You're off the farm. Don't wait too long to hook up your computer; I'll go into withdrawal.

--dean

Donita Curioso said...

Me too! I'm already going into computer deprivation anxiety (CDA).

Whoosh! I just felt a wave of tiredness sweep over me. Time to go to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a whirlwind. Upheaval city.

vivage said...

Wow, there must be something wrong with my date clock. For some reason I was thinking that your buyer wouldn't be taking over the farm for days after you closed. I don't know why cuz I don't think you ever told me that!

Yeah, you gotta blog, where are the animals? Did you get the rabbit cage?

Bye Farm!

Donita Curioso said...

We'll get the rabbit cage tomorrow. Right now we have them in smaller cages. The dogs are no problem. We can keep them at Stacey's for a couple days. The cats are another story. I had it all worked out but now I don't know what I'm going to do. I caught Marty (the horrible). He's locked up at my dad's. I might put him in a carrier until after the walk-through and then put him back at Dad's until Wednesday morning. But that leaves the other two and I figured that out yet.

Yeah, the farm and my house both close on the same day. The buyer needs to wire the money on the day before and he won't do it until he's sure we're out. I wonder if I can keep my cats at his house?