Monday, December 03, 2007

Blogging on hold

I'm changing all my sevices this morning..llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll That was Katie sitting on the keyboard. I'm sitting here, typing one-handed, on hold with AT&T, holding an insistant kitty who's in the mood to be cuddled. The AT&T gal just told me that Gammer and Gaffer haven't put in their change order yet. Virginia, you're right. They're not leaving! Get the Granny Scram!

Ok, she just called them and got it handled. So far this morning I've called the thrift store to schedule a furniture pick up, the plumber, the sheriff's department, an antique store, Dish Network and now AT&T. Dang, we have to change our phone number. Ok, new life, new phone number.

Yesterday was a bit more mellow but still a lot of hard work. I left in the afternoon to go to the uke group meeting. It was great! A good friend of the Odiens was there and he brought his whole family. A sad occasion for them. They were all together because of a death in the family. They all really enjoyed it and it was probably a nice break for them. The quality of music was bumped up a couple notches. A fun afternoon.

We're almost finished clearing out Dad's house. The grader guys are back today. Back up beeps galore!

Today I have to go to RCC to get my TB test read. Later on I'll go to the sheriff's dept. for finger printing and a background check. The rest of the time I'll be working, working, working. Just as soon as I finish up with these phone calls.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whewwww!! Good luck wid alladat-damn, woman!

vivage said...

Well? How was the tb test? I saw you sent an email with your new number so I assume you were successful in getting numbers changed around.

Donita Curioso said...

Anne- Why, thank yew!

Virginia- I'm TB free, but I knew that anyway. I think I'm all set. Got the utilities switched, gas, phone, and tv. I've been finger printed and had my arm looked at. I had to go to Riv Pub Util and show them Jim's death certificate so I could get things changed to my name. All of that took up most of the day.

There are NO trees in the front field! Stuff in the back has been bulldozed. Fences have been taken out. The poor little adobe in front is no more. This place looks soooooo different!

I'm feeling happier about the move.

Anonymous said...

Well that's kind of good--it looks so different you can pretend you're not really leaving the old place.

--dean

vivage said...

Wowie, you got lots done and so did the grader guys. It sounds like you're feeling lighter!