Monday, June 30, 2008

Dinner at Coco's and Health Science class

After work today I went to Coco's for dinner. On Mondays and Wednesdays I have Health Science class so I'll have dinner in a restaurant so I can get to class on time. I ordered this chicken breast dinner with mashed potatoes, veggies. The chicken is covered with this creamy, sun-dried tomato sauce. When the plate arrived there were two HUGE blobs of mashed potatoes and two tiny pieces of chicken. At first it looked ok because everything was covered with the sauce so you couldn't tell the potatoes from the chicken. But as soon as I put a fork into it I could see that there was no way that dish should have cost $12. I sent it back. When the waitress came back she set down a plate that had enough chicken on it to feed three people. And it still had two mountains of mashed potatoes! I felt a little weird asking for a container to take home the leftovers.

Health Science class was interesting. The teacher showed a Discovery Channel film about the differences between the sexes. Yes, I learned a thing or two. Then he gave a lecture about our reproductive organs. Now, his delivery is pretty funny sometimes but when he was talking about our sexy bits he was freakin' hilarious! Very monotone until he comes to a key word and then he yells. "The EGG travels down the fallopian TUBES to the UTERUS, also called the WOMB." Man, I wish I had it on film.

So! I'm going to Santa Rosa this weekend. Well, not really Santa Rosa. I'll be staying with Lorraine in Penngrove, visiting the Lorenz's in Graton and maybe go visit the Richardson's in Napa. I'll pop up to Santa Rosa to take a look at the Sunny Manor house. I'll be there Thursday through Sunday. I thought I'd be able to get Monday off but that's when I start subbing across the hall. So, bummer. On Saturday Nancy's hula teacher is giving a ukulele workshop at her house. I'm really looking forward to that. Michele is also visiting so she and I will zoom around hitting all the important spots. Gonna soak up the love.

Tomorrow morning I'm taking my car in for some maintenance. I don't want any car trouble on this trip.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Yay for soaking up the Love! We're waiting for you!
Boo Hiss for car trouble!
chalangalang,
N

Anonymous said...

Have fun in Sonoma and Napa. Drink up some red. Stop in Solvang for a waffle.

Don't you already know about our reproductive systems?

-dean

vivage said...

Sounds like a fabu trip. Send postcards. Go wild, what happens up north, stays up north.

Donita Curioso said...

Nancy- Man, I am really looking forward to it.

Dean- I know about the reproductive systems. The film was more about hard-wired brain stuff, like why men behave the way they do. Oh, and women too.

I think I'll skip Solvang, but I'll take you up on your suggestion to drink up the red.

Virginia- Go wild? Heh! My wildest days were when we lived up there. I think I'll go mild for this trip.

Nancy said...

Have a safe drive tomorrow! I hope to hear from you Friday afternoon... I hear there's a guy who does Paella at the Occidental Farmer's Market - want to have dinner there?
N

Donita Curioso said...

Oh man, that sounds good. Right now my plan is to zoom up there to see Amelia and then go back down to Penngrove and hang out with those guys. But no one has made any firm plans yet. I'm kind of thinking Friday with the Bartch/Smiths and Saturday with Lorenz's and Kotzian. Michele will be a floater, like me (no poop jokes, please). But like I said, nothing's firm (HAR!).