Thursday, June 19, 2008

Late night tile game

Shuffle here, shuffle there. I almost have art studio space. It's a good thing because I'm dying to work on something. I can't sleep so I'm puttering.

I found a cool music streaming station. It's a pretty good substitute for an iPod for listening to music at work. It's called Pandora, radio from the Music Genome Project. For the last few days I've been doing a LOT of data entry, which is completely mindless, so it's nice to zone out and groove to the tunes.

I haven't alerted the NorCal crowd yet, but it looks like I'll be going up to Santa Rosa for the 4th of July weekend. It's going to cost a bundle in gas but I think it'll be good for me to get out of town for a while. Thanks, Michele, for putting the bug in my ear.

Monday I start Health Science class. Two nights a week but at least it'll go quickly. Woo-hoo, I get to learn about germs and bad food!

Look! I added my Fire Monkey to the blog! It is the cocktail monkey of death!

9 comments:

vivage said...

xmsfI want to see a face front fire monkey face with glowing eyes. Giving out juju. I love that monkey.

Oh, it will be cool (in more ways that one) to go up north. Cooler weather, cool old friends and cool environement.

I think we're doing the same old thing, staying around here hanging with the 3 families crowd.

Nancy said...

Yippe! The NorCal crowd is notified!!!!! I'm soooo excited! Dave & I both get the 4th off too! So far we don't have plans. Does this mean Michele is down too?

Nancy

Donita Curioso said...

Virginia- I've thought it would be fun to do a whole series of paintings of Chinese Zodiac animals. That would be a LOT of paintings if I included the elementals.

Nancy (another Fire Monkey)- Yes, Michele will be coming down. She's going to be visiting her mom and can take a day or two for a side trip to Sonoma County. We need to coordinate.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I'll let Lorraine know! We will be returning from Tahoe 7/5 - can we get together on Sunday??!?!?!?

Mary

Anonymous said...

Waah! I wanna come, too!

-dean

vivage said...

I'm a fire rooster.

Donita Curioso said...

Mary- We can get together on Sunday if it's for breakfast. Hmm, I suppose I could ask for Monday off. I'll try.

Dean- Well, come on!

Virginia- How fitting!

Anonymous said...

OK, we'll keep in touch!

Yeah, Dean, what's stopping you?
You only go 'round once, you know!!!

Mary

vivage said...

Yeah, sadly it does fit. hahahaha.