Monday, June 02, 2008

Blogging from work again

It's ok this time. I'm in the office across the hall, subbing for their receptionist. The only thing I can do here is answer the phone so my goofing off is legal. I'm all ALONE! I wish I had my uke with me. Actually, I do, it's in the car. But that might be pushing it a bit.

Jeez, I wish I had more to write about. I've already been through the political blogs, eBay, Hotmail and everyone's personal blogs. I poked around on Chordie for a little while and searched Google for some songs. I could study for the Psych final but I've done a lot of that and my brain is fried.

This office is cold.

I've been wanting to get my life more organized. I've got the to-do list of Damocles hanging over my head. The house is in total chaos since we got everything out of storage. The final yard sale is this weekend so things should be a little easier soon. I try to do at least a little organizing every day so I'm making progress. But jeez, I'm tired of living this way.

Oops, some people just walked in. I'll stop for now.

Ok, I just came up with the beginnings of a song. The wallpaper on this computer is this idealized scene of a jungle with all the animals living happily together with flowers and pretty colors.

A picture of paradise
is on the computer screen
This jungle harmony
is a phony, made-up scene
There's no grass or dirt
here beneath my feet
This is a desk, in an office,
in a building, on a street.

I'm breathing filtered air
and sitting on a cushioned chair
bathed in artificial light
phone to the left, printer to the right

Oh man, let's get out of here
before I go insane
Let's escape to that jungle
You Tarzan, me Jane

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just have to call this song "Screen Saver".

vivage said...

Of if you can escape into the jungle: Scream Saver.

Donita Curioso said...

Heh! I just might do that. I'll have to refer back to the screen at the end.

I couldn't finish it because Bill's Thank you, Dinosaur song crept into my head and wouldn't leave.