Thursday, June 12, 2008

Graduation

I just got back from walking the Vic. Feels good. Tonight the deaf school had their commencement. You know what's great about a deaf school graduation? No air horns.

Last night we went to Paige's graduation. I'm glad I won't attending another high school graduation for a while. Why do people feel like they have to demonstrate their love for their graduate by showing up with enough balloons to start their own business? The family of morons that sat in front of us had a huge bunch of balloons, flowers, teddy bears big enough to require their own bleacher space, and air horns. And it was windy so we got bonked by their balloons. The teenage daughter was going blah, blah, blah on her cell phone while two senior girls sang a beautiful rendition of the National Anthem. I'm so sick of people.

But it was great to see the baby graduate. Ken and Sherri were there, too. When Paige walked in with her class she actually held up the line because so many teachers were hugging her. When they started reading the names of the graduates there was this one woman who read the names reeeeaaally sexxxxxy. God, it was funny. Lindsay and I couldn't wait until it was Paige's turn so we could hear her name over the loud speaker all sexy and stuff. But about 10 kids before Paige's turn she got tired and had someone replace her. We were very disappointed.

Afterward we went to Joe's for sushi. Jin, the manager (Or maybe he's the owner. We're not sure), was his usual crazy (drunk) self. Paige had walked in wearing her blue mortarboard. Jin immediately took it from her and placed it on his head. The tassle kept getting hung up on his ear. Then he grabbed a goofy-looking japanese lampshade-type hat and put it on Paige. Jin wore the mortarboard the whole time we were there. He sent over a carafe of Merlot for me. Many mussels were consumed. We had a great time. But when we got the mortarboard back the tassle was gone. Jin felt bad about losing it but Paige wasn't upset. She figured it was part of the Joe's experience. I'm going to see if I can order her a replacement.

Today I found out they're going to be closing our building on fridays for the summer. Fine by me. It'll be great to have a week day off so I can handle business stuff. We're going to discuss my hours tomorrow. Work's been pretty busy lately. Usually my desk is pretty clean but right now it's piled up with projects. I like it when I have stuff to do.

Dry mouth. Must get water.

6 comments:

vivage said...

Congrats to Paige! Too bad you guys didn't get to hear the sexy version.

Jin sounds like a character.

I wish they'd close our office on Fridays thru the summer.

Nancy said...

Congrats Paige!!! Be careful on that bike! And DO take the motorcycle training class. I took it to get my license, and failed the test at the end of the day. They let me take it again, and I passed -- barely. Then I was always too scared to ride it. Dave wants to know what kind of bike (what size?)
Nancy3

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the grad! Does too much work mean more hours? Are you still so crazy that you WANT more hours??

-dean

Donita Curioso said...

well, I need more hours for da monay. But getitng some time off so I can handle stuff at home would be great.

Nancy- I'll have to look at the vile thing when I get home so I can tell you what it is.

I'm sitting here listening to Hawaiian music while I'm doing data entry. makes me want to take a hula class.

Nancy said...

Girl, that's music to my ears!!!

My friend Judy is throwing her 60th birthday party tomorrow night. Get this: the band is Eddie Kamae, Dennis Kamakahi, Led Ka`apana and Mike Ka`awa.

I'm so bummed I can't be there!!!!

Donita Curioso said...

WHY can't you be there??? You have to go!!! Oh man, that's gonna be dreamy.