Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm free!!!

For a couple of weeks. I just got back from taking my psych final. I think I did ok. I didn't get much chance to study (too many distractions) but the stuff I managed to cram into my head paid off. I start my Health Science class on the 23rd.

After the test I went to Target. The record guy we met this weekend told me they have digitizing turntables there that are totally self-contained. All you have to do is put in a cd. The one I have has to be hooked to the computer. Come to think of it, it might not work with my computer anyway because for some reason I can't burn cd's. Anyway, the Target turntable seemed like a good idea. I can take back the USB turntable because I haven't opened the box yet. But when I saw the Target turntable it just looked like a pile of red flags. They made it to look like and old- fashionedy wooden record player. Sheeezz! I don't want some cutsey, plastic piece of crap that costs $300. I decided I'd go online and try to find something comparable. Maybe that one is really good. I can probably find a review somewhere.

Paige graduates tomorrow. Guess what she bought for herself as a graduation present? A motorcycle!!!!! I made her promise to take a motorcycle safety class. There's not much else I can do except walk around being a martyr mom. Like, oh sure, rip out my heart and let me die with worry. So far that hasn't worked.

I'll try not to think about that and just enjoy being out of school for now.

6 comments:

vivage said...

Congrats on getting thru the course and final.
Congrats on Paige graduating! Always a milestone.

I saw those old timey record player thingies: cheesy huh? Billyc has a USB turntable but he hasn't opened it yet so can't give you a review. We need a new computer first I think.

Motorcyle classes: Doesn't she have to get licensed for that and don't they require some classtime for that? I am way to scared of them: so paranoid that I try to scare my children from riding them.

Anonymous said...

Eeek! A motorcyle. Well... it'll get good gas mileage. Hoo boy. A motorcyle, eh? You know there are stringy things in the motor area that if you yank on them hard enough, it won't go.

-dean

Donita Curioso said...

Virginia- Bill and I probably have the same turntable. Did he get it at Costco?

Paige is going to wait until next month when she turns 18 to get licensed and take the class. Right now the bike is in her boyfriend's name and it's being kept at his house. She's only riding up and down his street. She's already laid it down but she didn't get hurt. Both Drew and I had talks with her about it. I told her the story about the time my motorcycle slipped out from under me. I was s l o w l y approaching an intersection that had water flowing across it. I was being very careful crossing it but I was turning and the bike just slipped out from under me. I fell back and banged my head on the street. Yes, I was wearing my helmet. I had a bad headache for a couple days and my neck hurt like a mo-fo.

Dean- That won't work. She's hanging around guys who like to fix motorcycles. I could yank its stringy things till the cows come home and it wouldn't make any difference.

Unknown said...

Uh.... I don't suppose there's any chance of her agreeing not to take it on the highway?

Also, have I said "go see Kung-Fu Panda" to you yet?
Go see Kung Fu Panda.

vivage said...

First off I really do know the difference between to and too. My post should be too, not to. grrrr.

No, I bought the usb turntable off the internet.

Mon: Pull stringy things out.
Tues: file spark plugs down so they don't fire.
Wed: Siphon gas.
Thurs: Jam throttle.
Fri: Break off clutch pedal.
Sat: Remove seat.
Sun: Flatten tire(s).

That ought to keep her busy fixing it and not riding it.

Anonymous said...

Next Monday: Paint it bright yellow or any ridiculous color, so she wouldn't THINK of riding it.....

Mary