Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm sort of good

I've walked three days in a row now. But then, I had pizza for dinner. Tonight I walked through the rich neighborhood across Central, down the other end of Rumsey. It just boggles my mind that there are people who live like that, and they're not even the ultra rich. Their gardening bills must be through the roof.

Today I spent several hours making party food with Sherri. We made eight quiches, four different kinds.

Tomorrow we have to leave here at 7am to get to UCR by 7:30. I'm glad it's going to be early so we can finish up, get to Ken's, and relax for the rest of the day.

I need to go cut up a pineapple for tomorrow.

7 comments:

vivage said...

Last night Kim mentioned that she thought she saw you over in that area. I told her you did walk so it might have been you.

Turns out it was eh?

Funny, she was returning home from a soccer/pool party up in the orange part of town and was in a giant mansion. She was saying she couldn't imaging living in a giant house like that (so much cleaning, too much space, huge bills).

Donita Curioso said...

That's quite a coincidence that she was saying the same thing about rich people and their houses. I just don't get it.

Anonymous said...

Even if I won the lottery, I wouldn't want a giant house like that because you'd have to have people come in and take care of it, and that would be weird.

We're on the cutting edge. People are downsizing from their drywall-edifice McMansions. Our little 1500 square-foot 3 bedrooms are becoming very desirable again.

-dean

Donita Curioso said...

Really, all I'd like to have, other than financial security and a decent car, is about $100,000 to sink into this house. That would be enough to fix all the issues, make a nice patio, change the landscaping and do some decorating. I really love this house but it'll be some years before it's functioning the way I want.

vivage said...

Dean, that's funny that you call them mcmansions. The hub was just mentioning mcmansions while we were at the grad party.

Anonymous said...

Virginia: I remember the first McMansions in Poway. My friend and her husband bought one. I'd never seen two people living in such a huge house, and so close to their neighbors, and the big garages up front. Ugh. Even then when they were the latest in fine suburban living I thought it was weird.

Anonymous said...

virginia: that was Dean