Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another photo -and- practical jokes of the divine


While I'm in a photo posting mood, here's a picture of my pretty mom.

Ok, so I went to Drew's to take care of the dogs. I remembered seeing on their list of instructions that they'd like to have the sprinklers turned on so I decided to do that before I went into the house. I found the controller and turned on the front sprinklers. I saw the one at the front corner go burble, burble and then BLAST! I caught it right in the face. I was drenched! And when I tried to run away the sprinkler followed me! Of course, the dogs thought this was the coolest thing in the world. They had sprinklers to play in and a running human to chase. We all went in the house and I fed them and took care of Kona's ears. When I left I locked the front gate and started to drive away. That's when I heard thump, thump, thump in the back. Yep. Flat tire. I must have run over something in Drew's driveway. AARGH!!!

I pulled over and sat there for a while trying to decide what to do. I could handle changing a tire but it's hot and I really didn't feel like it. I tried calling Allstate's roadside service but cell reception was iffy and I kept getting cut off while trying to complete their menu options. I called Paige at home and gave her all the info so she could call them. I pulled out a folding chair and my uke and entertained myself until the roadside service dude arrived. About half an hour later I was on my way.

Between yesterday's events and what I went through this afternoon I'm thinking somebody up there is having a lot of fun messing with me.

4 comments:

vivage said...

OMG, I am laughing hysterically over the divine practical joke.

Messages might be: Wash away all your sinss. Or you've got a potty mouth that must be blasted clean. Or that South Pacific song, Ya better wash that man right out of your hair. Or Wash me in the River song. (What is the danged title of that song?) Or is't danged hot outside and the Divine is trying to keep you cool (for the upcoming flat tire.)

vivage said...

Man, do I have a lot of typos or what?

Anonymous said...

The cosmos is acting like a guy in a silent movie with a seltzer bottle. Don't hang out near any cream pies for the next week or so.

That is not your mother in that bottom photo, that is Dede! And that's almost Drew, too, but not quite as much.

-dean

Donita Curioso said...

Yes, I'm wondering what other liquids might come shooting my way. I won't be taking a trip to the zoo any time soon.