Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Test results

For a couple weeks now I've been playing phone tag with my doctor's office. She's been wanting to discuss the results of my blood work. I figured man, if she want's to talk to me personally it's gotta be something serious. I looked up the results on Kaiser's website. Nothing earth-shattering as far as I could tell. Today I finally talked to the nurse. She wanted to go over it with me and tell me how wonderful everything is. Um... ok. Thanks.

Blood sugar is still a little high but it's actually lower than last year. She said I should avoid sugar and get some exercise. I was almost hoping for at least a little bad news so I could throw myself at their feet and cry, "Help me! Save me from myself!" But, no, I have to stop spinning my wheels and get going with a diet all on my own.

I wonder if all those vitamins I take are actually doing some good? Maybe they've kept me from becoming a full-blown diabetic for all these years. Well, I do know that I can't keep getting away with it forever.

Today I contacted Kaiser to see about getting Paige added to my plan. It's going to end up costing the same for the both of us as I'm paying for me alone! Coolness! The co-pay will be $30 instead of $20 but the monthly payment is the same. The deductible is the same.

Ok, that's a couple things crossed off that to-do list.

3 comments:

vivage said...

Congrats on the good report. I've never been called with good results. that's just plain weird these days. What doctor gives that kind of service? Not mine.

Donita Curioso said...

Thanks. I've never been called before like that. Kinda cool.

I do like Kaiser's website. I think it's great that you can go online and get test results.

vivage said...

We don't have that at the clinic. Hell, it's a stupid website but it does have *email your doc* so that has been helpful in the past.

It would be great to get test results online.