Monday, January 29, 2007

This is that day

This is the day they told me about. The day where everyone has gone home and we start to get on with our lives. And yeah, it's a little weird. Dean left early this morning. Man. There's just no way to say how much help she was to me. To just be here handling mundane crap was a huge gift. But she also made me laugh my ass off and kept me sane. She's never been a touchy-feely gal but I know she loves me more than anything. And I do love my Dean.

Yesterday was nice. We went to breakfast with the Lorenz's, Michele, Dan and Brian. I said goodbye to Brian and the Lorenz's at the hotel. Dan stayed at the hotel to take a nap. Dean, Michele and I came home. Later Dan came over and we spent the afternoon hanging out, walking around the farm and having a great time. Later Dean took Michele to the airport and I had some quality time with Dan.

We got Jim's piano out and got some stuff hooked up. Dan played for me. Hoo boy. He played some Enya pieces. I was amazed they didn't send me into a big ol' crying jag. I just enjoyed listening and remembering what it was like to be in the same room with Dan and Jim. Dan played his guitar. That was pretty cool. Dan on a guitar.

He also helped me with some computer stuff. I can get more of Jim's passwords now. I need to get into the guts of Rancho Curioso and make a few changes. There's a lot to dig into. Jim has EVERYTHING on this computer.

Kyle showed him Moobeard and Paige played vibes for him. Good performance, Paige. I'm glad he got to see his how his gift to her is being used.

I'll write about the party later. I hope I remember all the details. It was an amazing and perfect day. But I'll have to blog about it in installments. Today I need to make a bunch of phone calls and go to the bank. Tomorrow I'm meeting with the insurance lady at the hospital and pay Jim's bill. I think the next few weeks will be spent slogging through crap. Dean thinks it's going to take three months to get everything handled. She's probably right.

Today I'm going to take things easy. I'll walk with Jeff later.

2 comments:

vivage said...

((((((Donita)))))

Donita Curioso said...

Yay, Dean was comfy on the plane! But you must be very sleepy.

Well, if you're not a miracle of existance you're pretty fuckin' cool.