Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A better day.

I started in on my phone calls first thing. Everyone I talked to was very helpful. Business is being handled. The money thing got straightened out. It felt good to get things completed. I felt very in control. Roar.

I had a very nice talk with Carol P. I cried through most of it but it was good. I thanked her for getting her husband here. They're also helping me out with the bills. Such a huge load off my mind.

I went to the bank to move funds and to close the Rancho Curioso accounts. Man, that was a MUCH better banking experience than yesterday's.

Then I went to the hospital to pay the bill. It went smoothly. It feels so good to get that handled. When I get the life insurance I can pay everybody back. I'm looking forward to that day. I don't want anything hanging over my head while I start this new life.

Afterward I went to some thrift stores just to kill a little time before meeting Jeff for a Rube walk. Found some cool lamps, very 70's. I also found a little Samurai dude sculpture for Rory. His birthday isn't till September so I gave it to him today. He dug it.

It was a good walk except for the last third. My knee started popping and it was hard to walk. I had to slow way down. My plan was to walk every day this week but I'm going to skip tomorrow. Tonight, extra glucosamine and a hot bath.

Tomorrow, more phone calls! Wheee!!!!

5 comments:

vivage said...

Yay for a better day.

Robert said...

Good to see you're discovering better days. Here's to good days of joy and happiness!!! I think you'll find they outway the bad ones. I love the fact you can look back on the encounter you had with the bitchy lady and think of it as an amusing story rather than "The Gods are out to get you!!" They're not you know. May seem like it at times, but I think the gift you and Jim have been given is so much love. Not only for each other but from those around you. I was so deeply impressed by the love shown you and the girls last Saturday, in your blog daily, and by your family. It's truely a gift not all of us get and you my dear deserve it. Better sign off for now, as you can see I can go on and on. I love you.

Donita Curioso said...

Virginia- Yay, indeed. How are you feeling?

Bob- Thank you. Love you back. It's my nature to be happy and find humor in crappy situations. I have some sadness but I'm not sad. Yeah, last Saturday was pretty cool, wasn't it? I can ride on that one for a long time.

Donita Curioso said...

In case anyone's interested, I called Kaiser this morning for a doctor's appointment. Complete physical.

Yes, I am good.

vivage said...

Better but not totally over it. Go read my blog to hear about what happened to me at work and on the way home today. I think you'll like the entry.

Oh and I am so happy, so proud of you that you made that doctors appt.