Monday, April 25, 2005

It's getting easier!

Well, it's nice to know this old body isn't too far gone to respond to exercise. Sometimes I have felt like I'll never, ever be fit again. But there's hope.

I did the Monday Rubidoux walk with Jeff. He's a tall guy and it's been a challenge to keep up with him but this evening I could and it felt easy. I could carry on a conversation without feeling out of breath. It felt good!

When we were about 2/3 of the way up Jeff's friend, Phil, caught up with us. I guess he often does the Monday evening walk with the Sierra Club group but this is the first time I've seen him there. He finished the walk with us and afterward we went to the Riverside Brewing Co and had a pitcher of beer and some nosh. We talked about crop circles and church. Phil's a believer, Jeff and I are not.

I feel pretty good, not all blasted like I usually feel after a Rubidoux hike. I may just do it tomorrow morning.

Really, I might!

4 comments:

vivage said...

Did ya go this morning? Hope there were no creepy peeps out there on the mountain.

I slept in, practicing my slothness.

Donita Curioso said...

I am awesome. Yes, I went. I made Jim go, too. He wasn't quite as enthusiastic as I was. He wanted to bring the dogs. Our older dog, Gracie, has joint problems so she didn't get too far. They went about a mile and then turned back. Jim took the dogs home and got them some water while I finished the walk.

Big GRRRR. A dirty rotten little tagger got our mailbox the other day. I'll try to get down there and fix it today. This morning I saw that same tag on one of those mile markers on Mt. Rubidoux. For those of you who haven't been up Mt. Rubidoux, those markers are real nice. They're made of polished stone set in concrete. The little bastard marked DAK all over it. He also tagged the signs on the street near the entrance.

I'd like to take his red marker and shove it...well, you know.

Donita Curioso said...

The magic marker came off the mailbox easily with acetone. Maybe I'll take some up Rubidoux tomorrow morning and see if I can clean it off the marker. It will probably come off the stone but the dink marked up the cement pretty good. Cement is much more porus. Anyway, it's worth a try.

vivage said...

Stinkin' taggers. Hey, maybe if you add some vasoline to the stone markers after they've been polished new marker won't stick.

Bwhahahah, it sounds like Jim knew what he was doing when he decided to take the dogs eh?