Friday, April 29, 2005

I am awesome.

I did it. I went up Rubidoux five times this week. Today Ken and Jim came with Sherri and me. Sherri and I went up the steep road and Jim and Ken went up the gentler slope. Sherri and I went all around the top and met up with the boys at the bridge. Ken wanted to keep going so Sherri and I went to the top again going the long way. Jim went up the short way.

Ken and Sherri went up to the cross while Jim and I checked out the other sights. Someone had scratched a huge Viva La Raza in the dirt. Ken changed it to say Viva La Bozo and I scratched out a big clown picture. Since it had just rained yesterday it showed up really well but, like the Nasca Lines, it's best viewed from the air. Vandals we.

Scientists say the Sumatran earthquake decreased the length of the day, changed the shape of the earth and moved the North Pole an inch. I think it also made Ken want to climb Mt. Rubidoux. There's no other reasonable explanation.

When we got home we got cleaned up and packed up the rack and some paper and headed to Olivia's. It was in the middle of the lunch rush and Olivia was pretty busy. She had us set it up next to the front door on the counter. Then we had lunch. Now we just have to sit back and watch the money roll in.

It looks pretty good in there with all those bright colors in one place. People won't be able to resist it.

I hope.

Band practice tonight, family stuff tomorrow and Pepito's on Sunday. Dede and David are coming in late tonight for another session of dealing with Dad's finances. Right now we're going to figure out how much to charge people for shipping so we can start selling paper on e-bay.

And then I'm going to go paint. I'm so glad I feel normal again.

4 comments:

vivage said...

You are awesome!

Bwhahaha, Viva La Raza! In middle school and HS, thats all I heard at my predominently hispanic institution of learning.

Donita Curioso said...

Yeah, me too. Us white kids didn't know what the hell it meant.

vivage said...

I remember my friend Ruby Reyes, who was just a normal kid in 8th grade. By Sept of 9th grade, all of a sudden she had a hispanic accent, dressed exclusively in Pendletons and jeans and raised her fist all the while shouting Viva La Raza! She also didn't want to hang out with any one not hispanic.

She apparently got Raza-ized over the summer. I remember thinking how odd it was to see someone choose to deny what they were to be something else. Or maybe (now that I think about it) she was always that but was always playing at being one of the crowd? I wonder where she is now?

Donita Curioso said...

Up on Mt. Rubidoux.