Saturday, April 09, 2005

Happy Birthday, Lindsay!

She turns 20 today! I'm going to take her shopping. Tonight her honey is taking her to dinner. Last night her L.A. friends took her out. She's having a good birthday. Next Saturday we'll have a party here for all the relatives and friends.

Today, Jim is auditioning for a country band. We went to highschool with the drummer. They're on the verge of hitting the big time. They play Vegas a lot and they're making some decent money. This could be a very cool thing.

I'll try to ignore the fact that it's a country band.

Gotta go take the birthday girl shopping. I'll write more after I hear about the audition.

2 comments:

Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Let me know if the need a ukulele player.

Country Western...but, hey, it could be fun.

Donita Curioso said...

Yes, I'm sure I'll have loads of influence.

Jim played their cd for me. They're good musicians but the music is boring and formulaic. Well, it's modern country music so waddaya 'spect?

They liked Jim. He's going to practice with them next Saturday. He'd get to play a lot of piano and Hammond organ so he'd be pretty happy. He said if he joins these guys he'll be prominently featured. Sounds good to me.