Friday, April 22, 2005

Fresh ideas and inspiration

Lately I've been e-mailing Virginia, a woman I first met years ago when we both worked at Licorice Pizza. She's married to Jeff's bro so we've talked a couple times since I've been back in Riverside. She does a lot of bead work and makes these gor-gee-ous dolls. We've been talking lately about getting together to just play with artsy stuff.

We got to talking about learning to work with glass and I remembered that Dad has a kiln stashed out in the barn. I don't know what kind of kiln it is or even if it works but I want to dig it out and see if it can be used for fused glass. That would be sooooo fun! Virginia is learning how to do lampwork. We could make some cool stuff together.

Soooo, I've got to get out to that barn and clean that sucker. Even if the kiln is a bust it would still be fun to create stuff with Virginia.

1 comment:

vivage said...

Gotta publically say thanks for all the inspiration. I'm trying to think of all the fun things we can do with or without the kiln. Or with or without a barn if it blows up!