Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Whew!

I spent 4 hours with Dad today trying to get financial stuff handled. First we went to the bank to see Sona, the woman who has been handling Dad's accounts for years. Sona is a little weird. I think Dad likes her because she's attractive and she flirts with him. But she seems to know her stuff so, ok. She said I couldn't be added as a second signer on Dad's accounts because that goes against the rules of the trust. We have to go back to Darling and redo it. I don't think that will be a big deal.

We had to wait to see Sona because we didn't have an appointment. We used that time to fill out some of the forms in the trust packet and talk about funeral arrangements and stuff. It was pretty productive. Having the forms in front of us made it easier to discuss these sensitive subjects. I actually talked to him about shutting down the Christmas tree business, although he thinks he can do it one more year.

I got the print outs for Dad's business account so I can add up the deposits and get the gross sales for the year. I'll do that tomorrow and call Harold with the total. Then we got lunch and then went to Harold's to drop off the payroll stuff. That's 2 things crossed off the list. Hooray!

All that took 4 hours. I'm a little OD'd on Dad right now.

After I dropped him off I went to Ken's. Jim had been there for a few hours already and they worked on a lot of music. I practiced with them for 2 hours. It was great! We worked on Sweet Talkin' Guy, It's My Party and Angel Of The Morning. Sweet Talkin' Guy is going to be freakin' awesome when we get it down.

I'm buzzy tired. A hot bath would be a good thing.

No comments: