Monday, February 21, 2005

Performance Party

I've given myself something to look forward to. In Santa Rosa we used to throw performance parties. Kind of like a talent show but a couple notches higher. We knew a lot of musicians up there so for a few years we'd have a party to showcase our friends' talents. We'd have pot luck food and everyone would bring something to barbeque. We got hay bales for people to sit on and we fixed up the yard with lots of flowers. These were great parties. It's time to have one in Riverside.

Stacey and Scotty are doing some major yard rennovation with a new pool, jacuzzi and barbeque area. Fingers crossed, this will all be done by May. They have a baseball diamond at the back of their property that would be perfect for a stage and dance floor once we lay some carpet down on the dirt. We can do the hay bale thing for the stage area but we'll need to bring in some extra chairs and tables for the dining area. We'll need extra barbeques, too. No problemo.

Ooh, I'm getting into party mode. I want to do this because well, for one, it's fun, but also since we've lost Pepito's as our home venue I want the band to get some exposure. I want this party to be huge. I'm going to let all our performing friends know about it soon so they can start working on what they want to do. I want to sing a few songs with Drew. We can get some of the Barbershoppers in on it, too. Dad would like that. Jeff can do some uke stuff. Casual Sunday is the headliner. No Klones! Well, maybe a couple. I wonder if Ken will let me hire a sound guy?

Maybe we can get some Santa Rosa people to visit. Michele? Dan and Carol? Dean was just here in October but maaaybe...? Michael and Terri have family down here. Time for them to visit. Mary, Lorraine, get down here! Dave and Nancy for sure. Besides, Amelia needs to go to Disneyland. Brian!

Ok, that's enough for now.

No comments: